coffee mugs; p.jh

Neutral Reader

You glared, so she glared harder.

Moving in with Jihyo is, so far, the biggest step you two have taken in this relationship. You used to fantasize about it - think of all the late night talks and breakfasts and bed there would be! However, the first few weeks - months, even - were... worse than expected. The two of you had never lived together before, which meant that you didn't know each other's living habits.

You always fought about little things: where to leave dirty clothes, whether to keep the curtains closed or open, what time to wake up on weekends, and so on, and so forth.

Thankfully, you and Jihyo had sat down and talked and came to agreements, so things became better, and living together became natural for the both of you.

That doesn't mean you didn't get into disagreements from time to time.

Jeongyeon had come over earlier that week with a mug set for you and Jihyo. Unfortunately, you didn't get the chance to open it until now.

There were two mugs inside: a brown mug with the words 'TOP' in white, and a white mug with 'BOTTOM' in brown.

You and Jihyo simultaneously understood that this was one of Jeongyeon's not-so-funny pranks, but the competitive flames in both of you ignited. Neither of you would accept to use the 'BOTTOM' mug, because that would admit that you were... well, the bottom in the relationship.

Of course, the mugs didn't actually connect to your real-life dynamics, but you felt the need to show your dominance nonetheless.

"Y/N, please," Jihyo repeats for the nth time. "Just take it. It's not as if you'd be crowned 'World's Biggest Bottom' or something."

"You begging like that doesn't seem very 'top' either," you point out, somewhat teasing.

"I'm not begging." She huffs. "I'm simply trying to convince you."

"Not gonna happen."

The two of you stand there for a couple more minutes, glaring with your arms crossed in an attempt to intimidate the other. Neither backs down.

"It's just a mug," you finally sigh. Jihyo's eyes light up, but her face falls with your next words. "You take it, it fits you more."

Her lips part. "Are you crazy? What if the girls come over and see me holding that? They would never live it down."

"Then why don't we just keep it in the cupboard?"

Jihyo blinks. It's a logical solution, but she shakes her head. "I'm really close with Jeongyeon. She might feel bad if she doesn't see us using it."

"Then you take it." You purse your lips to prevent yourself from laughing at Jihyo's expression. "I'm pretty sure Jeongyeon only gave this to us for a laugh, Jih."

"I knew that the moment we opened it." She smirks. "I just wanted to see you admit that you were a bottom for me."

"What?" You gasp. "If anything, you're the one who-"

You weren't able to finish your sentence because a pair of soft lips smash onto yours. You immediately melt, hands falling to rest gently on her hips, smiling when you feel her playing with the hair on the back of your neck.

Jihyo's lips part, allowing you to deepen the kiss. You're pretty sure this kiss wasn't innocent - this is definetely still related to the mugs. And you're not losing.

You turn around to pin her carefully on the counter, making sure not to hit the mugs so as to avoid breaking them. Cleaning up wasn't on your to-do list today.

Jihyo's grip on your hair tightens when your hand slips underneath her shirt, your cold fingers caressing her stomach.

Smirking, you pull away only to put your lips on her neck instead, kissing and even softly biting at her skin.

"Not in the kitchen," she forces out, a blissful sigh escaping from her throat when you reach that certain spot.

She whines when you stop. "I'm thinking you didn't kiss me because I looked hot, did you?"

"No," she admits. "I wanted to catch you off-guard and make you agree to take the white one."

"That's cheating," you complain. "But it didn't work anyway, did it?"

"No," she repeats, rolling her eyes.

"Instead it was the other way 'round." You grin.

Jihyo frowns. "I didn't agree to anything."

"Your body certainly did."

"Y/N!" She scolds, lightly slapping your arm.

"What? Forget about the mugs." You're laughing now. You take her hand in yours and kiss the pout off her lips. "You said not in the kitchen. What about in the bedroom, my love?"

__________________________

LOOK AT MY CUTIES

sorry for the late update, homework's beating my ass rn