rain; k.dh

Female Reader

Y/N L/N sat at the windowsill, hugging her knees, the raindrops slipping down the glass reflected in her eyes. The fog obscured her vision, but she stared nonetheless. It was raining again today, and to sit and watch became a daily routine for Y/N as it had been raining for a week straight. She listened to the gentle pattering outside, the water falling onto the plants and giving them life. Rain, to her, was a magical thing. The way the water falls as if the clouds wept, the way people ignored it as some inconvenience. But she loved it, it made her cherish her time alone. Rain gave her solace.

She brought up a hand and traced a face on the windowpane. She wiped it off, breathed out hot air and drew a heart. It's been a while since it started raining. It's been a while since Dahyun, her girlfriend, went out to buy groceries.

Y/N waited patiently, unbothered by everything else, alone in her world of rain. She waited for the rainbow, to see the beautiful result of the melancholy rain.

The door creaked open quietly, revealing a feminine figure carrying a cloth bag. "Y/N," Kim Dahyun called, "I'm home. Are you hungry?"

The mentioned girl wordlessly turned her head toward the source of the sound, eyes brightening but face remaining stoic. Her legs slid down to the floor, and her bare feet padded towards her beloved.

Without speaking she wrapped her arms around the other girl's neck, pulling her closer to feel the warmth of her body on hers. "What did you do while I was gone?" the black-haired girl asked, running her hand through the slightly taller's hair.

The other simply shook her head, still not letting go.

Dahyun had found the brunette many years ago, hiding in the bathroom as pained tears flowed down her face. Since that day, she swore to herself, to Y/N, to the world, that she would protect the younger and make her happy.

It was hard at first; Y/N was very quiet and it took great effort to extract a response from her. But she endured it, she made sure she was always there, through every downs, every river of tears, every time the sky goes black.

"Can you play for me?"

Dahyun smiled. Those 5 words reminded her of the day Y/N approached her first, asking for a song. "Of course. Come," she said, gently pulling her to the piano.

The two sat side by side, and the pale-skinned girl placed her hands over the keys. Her fingers glided smoothly as if in a waltz, the beautiful melody entering both their ears as she played 'Reminiscent'. It was only a minute and a half long, but as the last note was played their moods were brighter.

Silence.

And then...

"I love you," came the quiet words from Y/N's lips.

Dahyun stared in shock. She had never heard those three words from her, and now she spoke it. Slowly, her lips curved into a smile. "I love you, too. So, so much."

And they kissed, the only witness to their love was the last drops of rain.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

short one lol

the ending is a bit cringe but i hope it's okay

i havent really got much inspo so see you when i see you! might not update in a bit

have a nice day!

-Iza ^^