dog; k.dh

Neutral Reader

"Baby?" Dahyun called loudly, wandering around her apartment in search of you. "Where are you?"

It was awfully silent. No silent giggles, no occasional barks from her beloved dog. Slightly worried, she tried the bedroom. She was welcomed by the quiet dark. The feeble light from the setting sun crept in through the windows, bathing the room in a soft red glow. Her beloved lay peacefully under the comforting weight of the covers, hair sprawled on the pillow and clutching a white mass of fur.

Oh, wait.

It's wasn't just a white mass of fur.

It was her dog, Ari.

Chuckling as quietly as she can to avoid waking you up, she sat on the bed, which dipped slightly under her. Dahyun's pale hand reached up to brush a stray eyelash from your cheek, but this simple movement led to you wearily opening your eyes. "Shh," you girlfriend shushed, "go back to sleep."

You rubbed your eyes, focusing on her. "Dahyun?"

"Yes, baby, it's me."

A grin graced your lips before your attention averted to the dog by your side. Dahyun's gaze followed yours, smiling fondly at her pet. "I see you slept with Ari."

At the mention of his name, the Maltese shot up, nuzzling his face excitedly into his owner's hand. "Hey, there! Who's a good boy, huh? Keeping his mom company?"

 "You know," you said, lovingly petting Ari's fur. "he's very fun to hang around when you're not here. He's become sort of a cuddle buddy."

"And?" your girlfriend raised an eyebrow, sensing more to your sentences.

"I want your dog," you teased, knowing her reaction. Proving you right, she gasped sharply. Hastily taking Ari into her arms, she peppered him with kisses, but he reached out to you. "No way! He's my baby."

"He likes me more."

"Does not."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night."

_________________

rlly super duper short but i just wanted to write smth like this 😩

also i experimented with second pov :D

-Iza