"H-Huh? Yeah.." you agreed without a second thought then focused on eating the pink cotton candy in complete silence. Your mind was racing with troubled thoughts, scheming a plan to bring yourself out of this situation.

' God, why did this have to happen to me? I promised Dad not to get involved with him but here I am...walking around with Yuto (L/n).' you mentally sighed then glimpsed at Yuto who was taking his last bite of the cotton candy. He looked like the happiest man in the world right now.

'Is he aware that I'm his niece?' you speculated.

"Shall we go somewhere else now?" Yuto softly spoke. Startled by his voice, you frantically nodded your head. He still maintained presenting the same warm smile for you before strolling away from the cotton candy stand. You tailed behind him compliantly, wondering what was on going on in his mind.

He was different than the time he gave the motivational speech back then.

Yuto was more approachable and friendly when you were alone with him like this. He was the conversation starter, the one who always found his way to keep the conversation going and keeping the mood happy. He was genuinely excited to spend time with you. You started feeling guilty for not giving back the same energy to Yuto.

Hence, you decided to initiate the first move this time.

"Yuto-san, you got a lot of free time on your hand today."

"Oh, right. I ditched all my responsibilities to my right-hand man. "

"Is he okay handling the company on his own?"

"Don't worry about him. He is a capable, trusted subordinate of mine. That's why he is my right-hand man."

Yuto suddenly halted on his track, hanging his head low as if he was observing something. Since you were standing behind him, you patiently waited for him to speak up again. He crouched down and picked up something from the floor.

"Yuto-san...?" You called out his name confusedly and tried to peek a glance of whatever object Yuto just picked up. You heard him giggling to himself. You caught a glimpse of a tail swaying.

It was a cat. A cat.

Yuto turned to you, his biggest smile laced on his handsome face. In his arms was a cat comfortably snuggling close to his chest. "Sakamaki-san, look. This fluffy guy just approached me. He is so cute."

"Do you wanna pet him?" Yuto asked excitedly. You could never reject such offer and proceeded to pat the friendly feline. The cat purred quietly as your hand stroked his head. Yuto hugged the cat more lovingly, nuzzling his cheek with the cat's. "Ahhh, I wish I can bring you home."

"It's not a problem for you to keep a pet, is it?" You asked.

"Well... I already own a cat back at my home. She is quite aggressive toward other animal or human. I'm scared this precious one will get hurt by her if I bring him home." Yuto huffed out a defeated sigh. "I have tried bringing home a new cat once. And I had to give away the new cat to my friend since my cat was antagonizing the poor baby."

"But I really wanna bring this guy back home. Look at him, so cuddly and friendly. Must be former house cat." Yuto sympathized with the cat he was snuggling. You felt pity for the cat as well but could you do anything to help the feline?

"Why don't you give your cat another chance? Let's see if she get along with this one or not."

"But I can't force my friend to take this cat in if things don't work at my end. It doesn't sit right with me to give him away to the animal shelter either.."