Sixty-one (Part 2)

To whoever said they wanted longer chapters....... this one is for you!

———

"Did you bring the rings?" Lena asked her, pacing the hotel room they were getting ready in, while Jada was in the next getting her makeup done.

Nico chuckled nervously as she finished curling her hair.

"Carter's bringing them," she said, remembering when he was on his way that her dumb ass left the fucking wedding bands at home in her rush to drop off Zay to his dad's.

Luckily, Carter had still had his key to her apartment so she asked him to go back and grab them, cutting it a bit close.

The ceremony was starting in 30 minutes and it was 15 minutes to get to the hall.

"Girl... Carter's bringing the wedding bands, he's bringing the ring bearer... shit is he bringing the groom too??" Nikita was annoyed, because they were way behind schedule.

And she wanted her cousin's wedding day to go exactly as planned.

"He's coming, chill," Nico said with certainty, and when everybody stopped paying attention to her, she checked his location on her phone to see he was just getting off the freeway exit.

She blew out a breath.

"And why don't you guys all have a drink... all wound up," she muttered, because if anything, that should have been her job.

"Yeah. Let me have a drink," Lena said sarcastically, rubbing her 6-month baby bump.

"....Bitch it's not our fault your ass is always knocked up," Kiana muttered, pouring the other bridesmaids a shot.

Lena was currently on baby number three... and hoping for a boy this time.

Nico had a feeling it would be... it was just something about the glow Lena had these days.

She knew it would be.

"Hush," Lena took a seat just as Nico finished curling the last piece of hair.

She took a step back, admiring how she looked before grabbing the envelope on the counter in front of her, completing her last duty before the ceremony began.

She knocked the shot back with her friends before she left the room, heading to the floor beneath them in the hotel where the guys were getting ready.

She could hear their boisterous laughter even from down the hall, and she smiled, because she loved the joyous nature of people celebrating such a wonderful day.

Those women upstairs were negative vibes.

Her phone buzzed.

Which room?

1788

She sent the text just as she knocked on 1688.

The door swung open to Ryan, Devin's friend.

"Nico!" He smiled, opening the door wider for her to enter.

The guys were all just chilling on the beds and chairs as Devin paced lightly around the room, and the men sat up at the sight of a woman entering.

Marcus began to whistle, and she cut her eyes at him.

"What? You look good," he smiled.

"Behave," she warned him, feeling their eyes all on her ass as she walked straight up to Devin.

She tapped his shoulder, stopping his pacing.

"Hey Nic.." he said, sounding like he had run a marathon.