Fifty-nine (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

When he splashed his arms a couple times, she frowned as she tried to dodge the water before grabbing his arms.

"Watch it, little boy. This is pure silk," she warned, not trying to get any water marks on it.

She was currently on her lunch break, bathing her funky Godson, and didn't have time to go home to change.

Xavier lifted his arms up and threw them down, splashing her everywhere as he gave her an evil little look.

Jada gasped, surprised by his action, before scooping up some water and splashing him back.

And he instantly started to cry.

"Wow," Jada laughed.

....His dad was right.

He was such a cry baby.

"Okay fine I'm sorry," she said, wiping his face gently with a wash cloth as she got between all his little rolls and folds, washing him up nicely before taking him out.

As she dried the small toddler, wiping him his face off and then frowning at the sad look on his face.

He was usually always smiling.

"What's the matter?" Jada asked as she wrapped a diaper around his hips.

"Dada.." he pointed out of the bathroom, wondering where he was.

He missed him so much.

"Aw. You'll see him today, I promise," Jada said as she put on some shorts and a t-shirt and walked him out to the kitchen.

In the fridge, Jada looked around for something for the small boy to eat, her eyes landing on what looked like muffins.

She took a small bite and made a face at the taste of zucchini before turning to Xavier.

"Ya mama still got you on that vegan shit?" She asked, surprised when he gladly reached for it, loving his zucchini and banana muffins.

He put the muffin in his mouth as Jada figured to make him a bottle as well, because she wasn't sure how much he had eaten.

He was babbling away as he enjoyed his muffin, and when he finished, she gave him another muffin.

Jada was shaking his bottle in her left hand before glancing at the baby when he got real quiet.

"No... you.. did...not," she squealed when he wrapped his little zucchini filled fists around her blouse, squeezing it in his hand before he brought his mouth to it. "I hope your mama got $400 because she's buying me a new one," she told him, rocking him gently on her hip as she let him continue ruining her silk shirt.

There was a playpen in the corner, and she pulled it out, setting it up for him before pausing.

She smiled down at the little boy. "Or. Maybe I can ask your grandpa?" She smiled wickedly.

Xavier smiled back. "Pa!" He said, as that was what he called Carter's dad.

"Pa!" Jada repeated, before putting him into the playpen, giving him his bottle and turning something on the TV. "Lemme go help ya depressed ass mama now," she muttered, giving him a kiss on the head.

He smiled up at her, excited to watch Cocomelon.

"Cocooooo!" He sang along.

Jada took off her heels, realizing she was not headed back to work any time soon.

She sat down with Nico on the bed.

"What's going on, Nic?" She was empathetic instead of being judgmental. "Why are you doing this?"