Fifty-nine (Part 1)

Comenzar desde el principio

His dad wasn't here anymore.

He wasn't coming until Tuesday.

Except, Zay knew dad was here.

He could hear footsteps.

The little boy jumped up and down as he leaned against the door, waiting for Carter to find him.

"Dada!!!" He yelled, hinting to where he was, as his footsteps got closer and closer.

The bedroom door opened, and Xavier fell backwards with a thud, falling onto his bum as he began to wail.

"Aw, I'm sorry baby. I didn't know you were there," Jada cooed, reaching for him as he cried harder, realizing it wasn't his dad. Jada rocked him on her hip as she turned on the light, already making a face at how much the bedroom stank. "Damn bitch," she muttered, looking around the depressing ass room in horror.

This was why Nico wasn't picking up?

"What happened?" Jada asked, cautiously sitting down on the bed, even though she saw a stain on the corner of the bedsheet and wondered what the fuck it was.

Nico pulled the covers over her head.

"I'm guessing it turned out he wasn't the dad?" She figured when she saw how empty Carter's side of the bed looked.

She bounced Xavier in her lap as he slowly quieted down, still upset it was her and not his dad.

"Dada," he cried softly, resting his head on Jada's chest. "Dada....."

Jada had no clue what she was dealing with, because Carter had asked her to come over and pick up his son for him so she assumed he was the dad, but based on Nico's reaction, she assumed he wasn't.

Regardless, she wasn't surprised that he still wanted to see the baby, because she knew Carter wasn't abandoning this baby for shit even if he was half elephant.

...Hence why she did not condone Nico doing this test at all.

Even though part of her was sooo curious, but Jada was too scared to ask him over the phone what the results said.

He sounded so sad.

"He left, Jada."

"Uh... yeah. I can see that," Jada muttered, glancing around the empty bedroom once more.

She couldn't stand the smell any longer and walked to the window, opening the curtains and the windows... but she still smelt something funky and then glanced down at the baby in her arms.

Jada cautiously leaned down to smell him and then made a face.

"Jesus Christ," she muttered, because he smelled. "When was the last time he showered?"

She checked into his diaper to see it was beyond full.

"Or changed his diaper?" Jada asked, making Nico cry as she knew she had been neglecting her baby, but she was too weak to do anything for him.

She could barely help herself.

Jada sighed, ready to put her bag down and then stopping when she refused to leave it anywhere inside this room to collect the stench.

She walked to Xavier's room, much cleaner and tidier, and smelled way fresher, and put her back down on the rocking chair before shuffling through his closet to find something for him to put on.

She took his to his bathroom, rolling up the sleeves of her brand new Gauge81 blouse as she wiped him clean before putting him in the tub to bathe him.