It's Not Personal, She Says

Start from the beginning

Your eyes widened. 'How did she know I leave Lucas with Plume and Happy?'

"No." You cautiously said.

"You should really consider keeping Natsu at home." She practically purred his name.

'Yeah. Away from you.'

"Um, right. Okay." You said.

Lucy blocked your way, as she moved herself. "Or else something might happen to the precious child."

Now your eyes narrowed. "What do you mean...?"

She innocently looked at you. "I mean...Natsu has no time to check on that little monster, since he's on a job, and-"

'Lucas...is not a little monster.'

"Did you do something, Lucy?" You asked, your palms starting to sweat. She raised her head, her sparkling brown eyes staring back at you.

"Did I?" She simply asked.

You dropped your groceries, and ran home in a panic.

___

"Lucas! Lucas, I-!" You flung open the door, not caring that it hit the wall with a bam.

"Lucas...where are you? Plume? Happy!" You called, in a panic. Adrenaline coursed through you as your eyes fell on the messy apartment.

"What..?" You started feeling faint at the bright red liquid splattered over the walls. It was only a tiny bit, but the thought of it being Lucas's was terrifying.

'Keep it together, (Y/N).'

You knew Lucas only wanted to be a normal child. You only wanted him to live a normal life. And that certainly didn't mean one in which he gets kidnapped in.

You turned around to rush out of the apartment, when a figure stood in your way.

"Lucy...where is he?" You dangerously asked, your fists clenched and and you felt prickling sensations down your spine.

The temperature seemed to heat up almost instantly as you faced her. She shrugged.

"Hey...something like this happened before too, right?" She asked with a carefree smile.

"Ne...didn't you ever wonder how Shigure knew Lucas was your child?" She asked again.

'Oh..my...good god.'

"You didn't." You said.

"I even gave you the whole speech about soulmates, (Y/N)."

"Oh, c'mon, Lucy." You said, frustrated. "We're goddamn married."

She pouted a little. "Doesn't mean my wishes can't come true." You just tiredly closed your eyes briefly.

"Can you just take me to him?"

Your eyes reopened and looked straight into Lucy's eyes. "I have no idea where he is." She said.

"You'd better be joking." You said, your eyes narrowed. Lucy smiled slyly. "Maybe?"

___

"He's here?" You asked Lucy. She shrugged. "This is where I think he would be." She walked towards the small building. You entered in with her.

No longer then when you stepped foot into the structure, men jumped out from behind the pillars.

"Welcome home....Master."

Your eyes widened as you realized they were adressing Lucy. You turned to her, your eyes wide. "You...!?"

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist." She said. "Only for this operation am I the master mind."

You doubled back. "What!"

She smirked. "How else could I get you to come here? Seriously...you're so gullible."

"So you do have Lucas." You said, taking a guess. She smiled icily. "More or less."

"But enough talk. I'm glad I could get you away from all those innocent bystanders."

You looked at her strangely.

"Guys..."

'Oh you have got to be kidding me.' You stared at the men behind her. All the people from Nova. But even so...

Their numbers have seemed to decrease nicely. An advantage for you.

Lucy spoke up softly. "Please discard this trash for me."

You clenched your teeth. 'Lucy...!'

You stood towards them, your eyes glittering from the small slit of sunlight from the window. Small purple flames flickered at your fingertips.

_Skip Battle Period Because I Just Can't_

"Ugh..." You lay, sprawled on the ground. Out of what seemed like sixteen people...there were still seven that refused to go down.

And as much as you would like to refuse to stop, you knew your limits. And you knew when to stop.

You just looked up at Lucy, who was looking down at you. She didn't hold any emotion in her face. "It's not personal, (Y/N)..." She started.

"It's just for love."

And at her words, your vision turned dark, and your head hurt with immense pain.

Meanwhile your brain was in a dreamlike state, you recalled one moment you spent with Gray. After you both had left the library.

Away from the photo girl-

"Hey, (Y/N)?" Gray sat next to you on a bench, as you were trying to recover at least a bit of your breath from running.

"Yeah?"

"What are we now?"

You stopped at his words. "We're friends, aren't we? We're nakama. You're my best friend."

He looked at you. "That's slightly cheesy. And a bit too girly for me." He gagged. You slapped his head. "Oh shut up. You love me."

Then, after realizing what you said, an awkward silence fell over the two of you.

"...sorry." You mumbled.

"Don't be." Gray scratched his head awkwardly. "Should we get going now?" You reached out, and pat his head.

"I just want us to b-"

"Friends?" Gray interrupted. "Yeah. I know. It's not like I can just steal away a married lady."