Part 43 - girls gilmore

~ IVANS POV ~

It's been a couple days since I skipped school. I'm now sitting in detention with a lot of people I don't recognize.

Time goes by slowly but I eventually make it out. At exactly 4 o'clock I drive away from school.

When I stop at a red light my phone buzzes. I quickly look down at it and see Lis is calling. I look back up to make sure the light is still red before clicking the pick up button.

I leave my phone in the cup holder as I continue driving, keeping my eyes on the road.

"Ivan?" Her voice sounds scared.

My heart drops. "Yes? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Please come to Grays house." Her voices cracks. "I'm alone and I'm scared. I heard voices outside so I checked the window and I saw a truck outside." As she's talking I turn my car around. I drive to her instead of home.

"I can't remember if it was his truck-" she stops talking after her voice trembles. I can tell she's afraid.

"Did you call Gray?" I ask her. I pick up more speed as I drive closer to the house.

"No he's at work." Her voice sounds muffled.

"Okay I'm almost there." I tell her as I pull into the neighbourhood. Thankfully Grayson doesn't live to far away from my school.

As I drive my car closer to the house I don't see anyone there. "Alice no one's here it's okay." I get out of my car and up to the front door.

"I don't like when you call me Alice." Her voice slowly becoming unmuffled. "Lis it is then." I smile even though she can't see it.

After what feels like forever, she finally opens the door, hanging up on the phone.

When I'm inside the house she locks the door behind me.

"Are you alright?" I look into her eyes.

She nods slowly. "Yeah I just don't like being alone anymore. Sorry."

"Don't be sorry Lis." I move the front pieces of her hair out of her face.

"If you need to go home you should. I don't want your mom getting worried." After going through so much she still tries to make sure everyone around her is okay.

"Lis, don't worry about me." I smile softly at her.

She looks into my eyes before turning away. I follow as she walks into the living room.

I sit next to her on the couch. "More girls Gilmore?" I ask recognizing the familiar face on the screen.

Lis laughs. "It's Gilmore girls Ivan." I can't help it but laugh too.

I notice the scrapes on her legs are slowly healing. I then move my eyes to her arms. Small scars are visible on her smooth skin.

I'm glad she's healing.

Lis realizes what I'm doing and quickly grabs a blanket to cover herself. "I'm sorry." I look away from her. "I didn't mean to look at you like that. I'm just glad you're healing."

I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable. I shouldn't have done that.

"Healing on the outside." She says softly. I look at her as she pulls her knees up to her chest.

I can tell she doesn't want to talk. Instead I move closer to her, a way to tell her that I'm here.

She slowly rests her head on my shoulder. I fight the urge to kiss her head.