Part 20 - scared

~ ALICES POV ~

I got the kitchen without looking back. I place the cinnamon rolls and cookies Ivan brought on the counter.

Holding back my tears I stand in the kitchen staring at the food feeling numb. He came at the worst possible moment. Right as dad hurt me again and my face was all puffy.

Hiding my pain isn't easy when all I want to do is collapse in someone's arms. But I know I can't do that.

I hear dad shut the door and walk into the kitchen.

"Leave those and go buy me more beer." He grabs my arm and shoves me to the front door.

He hands me money and I look at him in disbelief. "You heard what I said!" He snaps.

"I'm not old enough to buy beer!" I yell. I shouldn't have yelled. Stepping back after I realize what I did he follows me as my back hits the door.

"I'm giving you an address. They'll give you some. Don't ask questions and go!" He opens the door handing me a paper from his pocket.

"Why can't you go yourself? I- I have homework to do." I say softly coming up with an excuse so I don't have to leave.

I don't want to go somewhere that I don't feel comfortable at. Especially if I'm buying beer for my abusive father.

"I said stop asking questions!" He practically shoves me outside and locks the door once it's closed. Feeling empty and unsure what to do I open the paper he gave me.

It has a address on it. I'm scared and I don't know what to do.

I'm also dressed in sweatpants and a cropped te shirts with my hair in a messy bun. You can tell I've been crying.

I slowly walk down the path of my house unsure of what I'm doing. I feel like I'm walking around like a zombie.

Thankfully, Harper and Graysons car drives down our street and into the drive. I freeze as I watch them park.

They get out and look at me confused. "What are you doing?" Grayson asks. I stand there unsure what to say.

"Are you okay?" Harper slowly walks up to me and holds her hands out like she's going to touch my arms and embrace me in a hug. But I move back. I'm covered in bruises and I can't hide the pain today.

"I'm fine." I play with the paper in my hand.

"What's that?" Grayson grabs the paper from me.

He looks at me confused. "Where do you think you're going? This is in the middle of no where Aly!"

I stand there dumbfounded. "I-idk.." I try to explain but I can't.

Grayson looks around the driveway and sees dads car. "What did he do?" He says walking to the door and realizing it's locked. "OPEN THE DOOR DANIEL!" He yells.

Harper looks at me worried. "Aly talk to me."

I look at her. "Ivan... Ivan came and delivered food." Harper looks even more confused. "Dad later told me to go here and get him beer." I say lost of words.