Part 41 - everything will be okay

~ ALICES POV ~

Grayson let me skip school yesterday, but today I have to go. I really don't want to but I can't stay home forever.

"You'll be okay." Harper hands me my water bottle as I walk towards the door.

"Call me if you need anything." She gives me a hug before I follow Grayson to the car.

"I can tell something is bothering you." Grayson says as he pulls out of the driveway. "And I know it's not about Dan."

I keep my eyes peeled to the window. The situation with Victoria is eating me alive and I don't know what to do.

"It's nothing." I say trying to convince him.

"Stop lying Al." He says.

I sigh. "It's nothing that I can't deal with. It's just stress from all the school work."

"You know you can ask for help. You have 4 brothers." He chuckles. "And you have Ivan." He says.

I look down at my hands. I cant have Ivan. Not with Victoria around.

"Did something happen between you and Ivan?" Grayson quickly jumps to conclusions. "Cause I swear I'll beat him up."

"No, Gray. Nothing happened between us." I glance at him. "I just hate that I might lose him again." I say quietly.

Grayson furrows his eyebrows. "You're not going to lose him again. Not unless you want him gone."

I nod not knowing what to say.

Soon he parks in-front of the school. "Okay have a good day, and make good decisions." He says looking at me. "And Miles is driving you home."

I nod as I get out of the car. "Thank you and I'll say you later." I smile at him. "Love you Aly." He smiles back.

"I love you too." I close the door and begin walking inside the school.

As I walk inside everything is fine. I get to the lockers where Eleanor, Hazel, and Luna are waiting at.

"Hi aly." Luna goes in for a hug but quickly let's go when I wince. "Sorry Luna." I quickly say.

"No I'm sorry. I totally forgot about.." she pauses
not wanting to finish the sentence. "It's okay." I force a smile.

"Nolan told me Ivan's been around." She smirks at me. "How's that been."

I'm not sure what's more shocking. The fact that she mentioned my brother so casually, or the fact she's teasing me about Ivan.

"I still can't process this thing you have with my brother." I say.

Everyone laughs but Hazel. "There's nothing going on."

"We can all see it Haz." Eleanor says laughing. "Just admit it." I shake my head at that. "Please don't." I laugh.

"Hey girls." I don't even have to turn around to know who just interrupted us.

"What are you guys up to." Victoria says from beside me.

"Nothing." Luna says bluntly.