Part 51 - by her side

~ IVANS POV ~

I wake up to Lis moving around the bed.

"I'm sorry." She whispers close to my ear. "I didn't mean to wake you up." I yawn as I open my eyes.

She's huddled in a ball of blankets from beside me. When I look at her fully, I see her clenching her stomach.

"Are you okay?" I ask turning to face her, still in my laying position.

She just nods. I sit up in bed still looking at her clenched stomach. "Cramps?" I ask moving a piece of her hair away from her face.

"Yeah." She sighs. "I started my period this morning. I found a tampon in the washroom." She says softly. I'm now thankful for the 3 cabinets my sisters take up in the washroom.

"Do you want pain medication?" I offer. She shakes her head. "No I'm okay." She smiles up at me.

I lean down to kiss her forehead before getting out of bed. "I should probably get you home before Grayson realizes you're not at Hazels." I grab some clothes from my closet.

Lis gets up too. "I don't want to go." She pulls out her hair brush from her bag, and starts to brush her hair.

"I don't want you to go either." I say before leaving the bedroom. I go to the washroom to change while Lis gets ready in my room.

Before walking back into my room I knock. Just to make sure I she's ready.

"You can come in Ivan." She laughs as I walk through the door. She's sitting on the floor so she can see herself through my closet mirror. I watch as she applies makeup to her face.

"I need to get new mascara." She says looking down at the thing in her hand. I sit down on my bed. "Then I'll buy you some."

"No you're not." She says putting the thing back in her small makeup bag. "If you need it I'll get you it." I reply looking at her.

She turns around and throws a weird sponge at me. I pick it up and examine in. "Is this what you use to blend?" I ask sitting in the floor beside her.

She just laughs. "I guess you could say that." She takes it from my hand and puts it back into her bag.

I watch as she finishes her makeup. She's beautiful. I try to remind her of that every time I see her. My feelings for her grow everyday. She's my best friend. And I love her. I want to spend the rest of my life by her side.

I want to be the person who can comfort whenever she needs it. I want to be her person. The person she loves.

"Ivan?" She asks looking at me. "Yes?" I ask confused.

"I'm scared for Saturday." She says softly, playing with her sleeves.

This Saturday she has to go to court. To face her dad.

"I know." I place my hand on-top of hers. "But you'll have your brothers. And you'll have me."

Although I won't be inside the building. I'll be outside waiting for her when she's done. "Thank you." She whispers before hugging me.

She wraps her arms around my neck as I wrap mine around her middle. "Let's get going." I kiss her head before letting go.

||~*~*~||

VERY SHORT CHAPTER TODAY IM SORRYYYYYYYY!!

I wanted to update something and I had 15 minutes to spare to I decided to quickly update.

I wanted to let y'all know I will be updating either once or twice a week from now on. I'm not sure exactly what days I will update, but just know you'll get at least one chapter a week! If I have time u will get 2 or more :) This is because of school and work. School just started and I'm already stressed. I also have work on-top of that. I work 3 shifts a week so it takes away my writing time. I HOPE U ALL UNDERSTAND!!!!

I hope u enjoyed this short sweet chapter of our favourite ppl ever.

<333