Part 26 - don't lie to me

~ ALICES POV ~

We all found a booth to sit in at the food court.

"Okay I'm going to subway." Eleanor says as she places her bags next to me. She looks at me. "What do you want?"

"I'm not hungry." I swallow. Now that we're sitting with Ivan, Graham and Josh, I'm sure if I still want to eat.

"That's bullshit I know you want to eat." Eleanor says. "I'm getting your regular order."

"You're not paying for me here." I hand her my wallet but she walks away. I sigh as I sit back down.

"Okay well us three are getting Taco Bell." Luna says as Victoria and Hazel are already walking away.

I nod and she smiles before she leaves. "Since they're all going to get food let's go too." Josh gets up from his spot.

"What do you guys feel about burgers?" Josh asks them. They both nod in agreement.

"Okay let's go." Graham gets up to follow Josh but Ivan stays seated. He hands Graham some cash. "I'm going to stay back with Aly. Buy me a burger and fries." Graham takes the money and starts to walk past me.

But when he finally reaches me he stops instead of walking away. He leans down and smirks. "I see what's going on Al."

I glare at him. "Don't call me that."

"I see. You don't like nicknames." He whispers so Ivan cant hear from across the large booth.

"I'm sorry to break it to you love, but Ivan doesn't like chicks like you." He looks down at my lips before walking away.

If I had the chance and energy I would've slapped him in the face.

I close my eyes and let out a breath in frustration. Soon I feel Ivan move so he's sitting beside me.

I open my eyes as I bring my hands together in my lap.

"Does he bother you all the time?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"Don't lie to me." Ivan voice suddenly goes serious.

I turn my face to look at him. "He's your friend I don't want to say anything." I swallow as I look away hoping he'll change the subject.

"You're too nice you know that?" Ivan says. "If he's bothering you and won't leave you alone, he's not my friend." Ivan pick up my half full drink and takes a sip.

I sigh as I hold back a smile. I take the cup from his hands. "He's a jerk." I take a sip from the drink.

Ivan looks at me and I look back at him. "Finish talking." He says.

Before I know it I'm rambling. "He tried taking me on a date but obviously I'm not allowed to go so I said no. And then the next day I find out he asked another girl out on the same exact day and while they were together they met another girl that he took out earlier that week." I pause to catch my breath.

"Then once I confronted him he got mad and now he won't leave me alone. At Nolan's practice he came up to me and took my book from my hand, lost my page, and called me lis. Nobody is allowed to call me Lis except for you. He's so annoying and I wish I could punch him in the face." When I stop I realize how much I just said.

My cheeks flush from embarrassment. I drink some more of the drink to ease my dry throat.

I turn to see Ivan with a grin on his face. "What." I deadpin

"You only like it when I call you lis?" He asks.

Out of everything I said that's what he cares about?