Part 50 - what it feels to be happy

~ ALICES POV ~

"NOLAN!" Hazel screams as she jumps from the couch with a Nintendo controller in her hand.

"Don't yell at me! You're the one who's bad!" Nolan reply's still focusing on the screen.

I laugh at them from my spot on the floor. Ivan sits beside me as we watch them play.

"Dinners almost done!" Harper yells through the house. I can smell the barbecue Owen and Grayson are cooking.

As I get up, I grab Ivan's hand to pull him up with me. "Woah how are you so strong." He says once we're both on our feet.

"I have 5 brothers." I reply looking up at him.

As we leave Hazel and Nolan in the living room we walk to the backyard door. Grayson and Harper invited everyone they could to dinner.

The Murphys are over as well as my friends. I have to go to court next week against my dad. Thankfully all my brothers will be with me the whole time. I'm still nervous and scared. But I'm trying not to think about it. Especially not today.

As we walk outside Harper runs up to us. "Wait!" She yells. "Can you two go to the garage and grab some cold drinks. There should be juice and soda in the fridge."

"Yes of course." Ivan says before I can. We both turn around to go back inside.

We walk to the garage and straight to the extra fridge. "There's so many. We only have two hands." I shake my head as I start handing the drinks to Ivan.

He just laughs. "We can hold enough." Once his hands are full I start grabbing some to hold myself.

"How are we going to open the door." I say once I close the fridge door with my foot. Ivan walks over to the garage door and opens it.

"I've got it beautiful." I roll my eyes and laugh as I walk through the door. I keep walking to hide the flush on my face.

Once we make it to the backyard Harper helps us place the drinks on the table. "Thank you guys so much." She says before walking away to help Grayson.

"Hudson I need some help." Grayson calls over from the grill. Hudson, Grayson, Owen and Zach are all cooking and talking by the grill.

As I walk further down the deck I see Gabe and Maya playing with Bentley on the grass. "Aly!" I turn around to see Luna sitting on the lounge chairs with Sienna, Miles, and Eleanor.

Ivan and I walk over to sit down with them. "Where's Haz and Nolan?" Eleanor asks.

"They're inside playing on the Nintendo." Ivan reply's.

"They're alone by themselves?" Miles raises his eyebrow in question. I shrug "yeah?"

"Go get them." Grayson somehow appears. He's now standing near us.

I sigh as I get up. As I'm walking inside I notice someone's behind me. I don't even have to look to know who it is.

"You don't have to come with me." I say smiling.

"But I want to." Ivan reply's. "Suit yourself." I open the door and he follows me inside.

"Haze-" I walk into the living room to see Hazel on-top of my brother. I freeze with my mouth wide open.

Ivan stands beside me trying to hold in his laugh as Hazel and Nolan break apart and stand. "Sorry." Hazel looks at me.

Not meaning to, I burst into laughter. "Next time do it somewhere more private." I manage to say.