Part 2 - cuddles

~ ALICE'S POV ~

I pull into my driveway after school and see that there's only one car. Dads. He hasn't been home in a week. By now, Owen is usually home; Sometimes they're all home. But I guess not today.

I park the car and take my seatbelt off. Should I call Owen? Or I should I just go in..

After debating for a couple minutes I decide to just  go in. I grab my bag from the passenger seat and get out of the car, locking it as I walk to the front door.

I go to put the key into the door lock but I realize the door is already open. Pushing it open slowly I don't hear or see anyone.

"Dad?" I call out.

I hear footsteps coming down the hall. Dad comes into view with a beer bottle in his hand. It looks pretty empty..

"Fiona?" He calls out.

I let out a shaky breath closing the door behind me taking off my shoes and dropping my bag to the floor.

"No it's Alice." I stand there for a second waiting for a response. He usually yells so I stand there waiting.

But instead of a loud voice I feel a sharp pain hit my face. He slapped me.. he's never done that. He's always just yelled.

Holding my face I look up at him. Hot tears filling up in my eyes.

He glares at me. "You." Before he can get his hands on me again I grab my bag and start running up the stairs to my room.

Halfway up the steps I hear yelling and strong loud stomps coming from behind me. Before he can reach me I'm behind my locked bedroom door.

Sliding down it tears waiting to fall, he starts pounding on my door yelling for me to come out. But I don't.

I push down my tears and breathe. Getting up off the floor and walking into my washroom, I ignore his strong voice echoing through the walls.

Walking past my bed to the washroom I see Bentley get up and run towards me.

I whisper to him. "Sorry Buddy, go back to bed I'll cuddle you soon." I kiss his head and walk inside the washroom.

I look into the mirror and breathe again. I can't let him bring me down. Not again. I grab my makeup wipes and start rubbing my makeup off. I finish taking off my mascara until I hear dad walk downstairs.

Finally he's done yelling at me. Well at least for another hour. I walk out of the washroom and lay on my bed beside Bentley who's patiently waiting for me.

I sigh cuddling into him. He's my favourite cuddle Buddy. I don't know what I'd do without him. He used to be attached to mom like he is now to me. Sometimes I think he sees her in me. But I'm not 100% sure. I just like to think it.

Pulling the blanket over me I rest my head on his stomach. He lays his head down and I watch as he falls to sleep. He's adorable.

Not long after my eyes being to flutter closed.

||~*~*~||

I wake up to someone rubbing my back and Bentley gone. "Hi Aly are you okay?"

I rub my eyes and look up to see Grayson and Harper. I nod "mhm"