Chapter thirty-four

1.8K 104 19

Tony's POV

My dad came in the room to wake me up.
"Are you okay?" he asked me.
"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked still half asleep.
"The power went outlast night."
"I didn't hear a storm."
"I'm not sure why the power went out. It must have been a problem at the at the electric company."
"Was it just our power?"
"No, the news is talking about how almost everybody in the state lost their power," he said.
"That's weird."
"I know. Anyway I got to go to work, I will talk to you when I get back."
"Okay," I said as he left my room.
I got dressed and headed downstairs to make breakfast. My mom left me a note saying that she went out with her friends. Which meant that I was home alone. I walked to the living room to eat breakfast on the couch, but when I walked past the basement door I smelled something burning. I put my breakfast down on the counter and went to check it out. In the corner of the basement there was smoke coming from sort of electrical panel. I grabbed the fire extinguisher but there was no fire, it was just smoke. I grabbed fan and placed it in the direction of the electrical panel. Soon the smoke was cleared away and I could see all of the panel. It looked like it had been fried. I decided to see if I could fix it. To be honest it wasn't that hard to fix but it was still a challenge to get all of it working. As soon as I plugged the last wire in the whole panel glowed.  A long wire that was connected to the panel lit up and went all the way across the room where it hooked up to some weird metal box. I went over to the box, I tried to get it open but it had a keypad lock on it. The password had to be six digits long. I tried some combinations but none of them worked. I looked around the room to see if I could get any inspiration. Every combination that I tried didn't work. I decided to just leave but then out of the corner of my eye I saw something. engraved in the metal box was a symbol with six letters. It read S.H.I.E.L.D. I went back to the keyboard and typed in the numbers that corresponded to the letters. The code I got was 744353. I punched the numbers into the keyboard and a green light appeared, followed by a click and the doors of the metal box swung open. Inside was a red metal suit. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then I heard a noise behind me and I turned around quickly, only to see my dad staring at me in half disbelief and half anger.

Natasha's POV

Today I decided to stay home and do nothing. I figured I would just watch a lot of YouTube and TV shows all day. Around 4 o'clock in the after noon I got a text from an unknown number. It was a little creepy but I didn't think much of it. I honestly thought it was a prank. An hour later I received another strange text from the same unknown number. Together the messages read; I am coming for you and I am coming for you soon. This made me a little more uncomfortable because who would wait an hour to text back just for some stupid prank. I decided to trace the number. When I did it said that the phone the texts were coming from was right outside my house. This made me a lot more scared so I decided to lock all the windows and doors in my house. When doing so I found a phone lying on one of the windowsills. I opened the window and picked the phone up. It didn't have a password and it opened up to the messages someone sent to me. This was definitely a prank. If anyone wanted to murder me they would have done it already. I put the phone on top of my dresser so the whoever was pranking me would have to come inside to get there phone. An hour later I got another text from the same number. I looked over at the dresser and the phone was gone. I stood up and looked around for the phone. It probably just fell off the dresser. Unfortunately I didn't find it. The text I received said that I only had an hour left. I called the police and they sad that they would have an officer over as soon as they could. That made me feel a little better. I still was very cautious about everything that I did and always looked over my shoulder to make sure that no one was watching. About a half an hour later I heard a knock on the door. I figured it was the police. Right before I opened the door my phone started to buzz it sounded like I was getting a million texts. I took my hand of the door handle and quietly went back into my room with my phone. All the texts I got said; sorry I'm a little early. The front door of my house was kicked in. I heard footsteps going through my whole house but they stopped in front of my bedroom door. I quietly went inside my bathroom. The bedroom door was kicked in and I felt like I was trapped inside the bathroom (which inconveniently I was). The bathroom door was kicked in and I covered my face so I didn't have to witness anything that was about to happen. I heard a gunshot so I automatically thought that I was dead. I heard a man talking to a radio and I thought that was pretty strange to hear in heaven or hell so I decided to open my eyes. There was a man in a police officers uniform standing over a dead body. He came over to me and asked me if I was okay.
"I'm fine," I said even though I knew it was a lie.
"More officers are going to be here soon. Are you injured in any way?" he asked.
"I don't think so," I said shaking.
"Good, but I'm still going to make you get evaluated by the paramedics that are on there way."
Everything that happened to me today felt so unreal.
"I'm going to take you outside," the officer said and I shook my head in response.
My yard was filled with police officers and curious people. The officer led me to the ambulance where I was evaluated by the paramedics. Once they realized I was perfectly fine they let me go. Clint apparently heard about this because I saw him arguing with some police officer that wouldn't let him past the tape. I walked over to them.
"He's my boyfriend," I said to the officer.
"That's what I have been trying to tell him for the past 5 minutes," Clint said.
The officer allowed Clint to go through.
"Are you okay?" Clint asked me.
"Yeah I'm fine, just a little shaken up," I said
"I can imagine."
Clint held me and I'm glad he didn't let go.


Natasha's POV

Ever since I almost got killed I've had this strange feeling. It felt like I wasn't protected, like I was open to the world and I didn't like that feeling. I talked to some professionals and they aid it was normal to feel like that but that didn't change the fact that I didn't like that feeling. I decided that I would take a self defense class so that I would feel a little more protected. Even after that class I still felt like I couldn't protect myself. I decided that I should learn how to shoot a gun. The more classes I took the less unprotected I felt so I just kept taking more and more classes. I barely had time to see my friends and when I wasn't at school, I was learning how to fight. Any fighting you can think of I learned how to do it and its a good thing that I'm a fast learner. I told myself that I would never feel that helpless again.

High School (AU) (Avengers)Where stories live. Discover now