Chapter eightteen

Bucky's POV
The ambulance drove fast but the paramedic still smoothly did his work.
"Was he sick earlier?" The paramedic asked me.
"I don't know I just got home from school," I said, "He didn't go to school because of his previous injuries."
"Who was watching him?"
"Our friend Clint."
"I need you to call him and ask him."
"Ok."
I got out my phone and I saw that I missed three calls from Clint. He must have gotten back and couldn't find us. I called him.
"Hey Bucky where are you?" Clint asked in a frantic voice.
"I'm in an ambulance with Steve."
"Is he ok, what happened?" He said flustered.
"There's no time to explain, I just need to know if he was sick earlier."
"Yeah he was, he was coughing and breathing heavy."
"Was he pale and sweating?" I asked remembering some of the other symptoms he had.
"No."
"Ok thanks Clint but I got to go, you can meet us at the hospital if you want."
I turned off my phone and told the paramedic what was going on. We got to the hospital ten minutes later. Steve was taken into a room and they were doing tests. They waited patiently for him to wake up again so they could ask him some questions. They took off his sling and his clothes and put him in a hospital gown. After a while the nurses and doctors started to leave and only a couple came back in to check on him every once in a while. I sat in a chair next to Steve's bed holding his hand. Clint came bursting through the doors asking so many questions it was hard to keep up with them. The questions slowly started turning into yelling and arguing. We were so invested in yelling at each other we hadn't even noticed that Steve was awake.

Steve's POV

I woke up to Bucky and Clint arguing.
"Guys," I said but it only came out in a whisper.
"Guys," this time I yelled and it worked.
They both turned to look at me.
"Steve your awake," Clint said going to get a nurse.
Bucky came over and sat down in a chair next to my bed. He put his hand on mine and buried his head in the bed. The doctor came in and he asked me a couple stupid questions. He ran some tests and he tried to ignore Bucky.
"Bucky," I said.
"What?" He asked with his face still buried in the bed.
"What are you doing?"
"I don't know."
"Look at me."
He lifted his head up so he could look at me. He had tears coming down his face and his eyes were red and puffy.
"Sir," the doctor said to me.
"Yes." I said
"I need to ask you some more questions."
"Can you just give us a minute," I said nodding towards Bucky. 
"Of course," the doctor said politely as he walked off.
I turned back to Bucky who had his face buried in the bed again.
"Bucky, it's ok I'm fine."
"No you're not something really bad must be wrong with you."
"How do you know."
"The way you looked at me when I was holding you up on your crutches told me that something was really wrong with you."
"You can't know that just from a look Buck," I said trying to make him feel better.
"I know you well enough that I can. That look you gave me was pure pain and some fear."
"Well that was earlier."
"I need you to tell me everything your feeling right now."
"My abdomen hurts like hell, it hurts more whenever I cough, my mouth tastes disgusting since I just puked, and I feel like I never want to eat again."
"Is that it?"
"Yes."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes, Bucky I'm not trying to hide it anymore."
"Ok, I'll be back, I'm going to tell the doctor."
Bucky left and a couple seconds later Clint and a nurse came in.
"How are you doing today?" The nurse asked in a totally fake voice.
"I'm doing good," I said trying to mimic the fakeness.
"I'm just going to do a couple tests and ask you a couple questions and hopefully you'll be on your way."
The nurse came around to the other side of the bed and set up an IV.
"So when did you start to feel bad?"
"Honestly a couple of days ago I started coughing but today it just got worse and I felt bad all day until Bucky got home and then I just felt terrible, like I was going to die."
"Ok well I can assure you your not going to die and I'd like for the doctor to take a look at your abdomen."
"Ok."
Bucky came back with the doctor right after she said that.
"Alright Steve, your friend here told me what's going on so I'm just going to take a look and see what I find," The doctor said.
Bucky came over to his chair and watched carefully as the doctor tapped and felt my abdomen. I winced a couple times because of the pain.
"So that hurts," the doctor said.
"Yeah," I said kind of obnoxiously. I didn't mean it to sound that way, U was just kind of done with the amount of times I'd been in the hospital.
"On a scale of one to ten how much does it hurt?"
"I don't know about a five."
"That's it?" He asked.
"Yeah, why?"
"The way you were wincing tells me it hurts a lot more than that."
"Ok fine it's about an eight."
"I'm going to get you some pain medication and run a few more tests but I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong with you."
"Ok so what do you think is wrong with me."
"I think you have appendicitis."
"What's that?" I asked a little scared.
"It's caused by a blockage in the lining of the appendix that results in infection and if left intreated your appendix could rupture."
"How do you treat it?"
"Surgery," The doctor said as he went to get pain medication.