Additional Chapter #Two

***

CONFESSIONS.

"Sadiya..." he pressed.

She kept chewing her nails with a worried look. "You just don't know what am going through," she looked like she was about to cry. Omais mumbled something under his breath, "Sadiya," he sighed, "I don't even know what to say to you." Sadiya's actions were already making him frustrated.

"I swear, you're going to make me grow grey hairs and wrinkles at this young age." He said, intently observing her.

She glared at him, "Omais, you don't know how this..." she threw her arms, "It's just... it's all new to me."

"There's always a first time for everything," He pointed out. "I don't know what to do!" She cried, almost in tears.

Omais rolled his eyes at his sister's drama. Sighing, he looked down in frustration and commented, "Why're you looking as if someone killed your cat? It's just lunch, for God's sake."

Giving him a bored look, Sadiya replied, "Okay first of all, I don't have a cat. Secondly, it's not 'just lunch', it's a date, A DATE! WITH A GUY!"

"So? Were you planning on remaining single for the rest of your life? It's a date, and so what? He's a guy, I honestly don't see any problem in that." Omais scruitinized her. "Something's holding you back, what is it?"

Sadiya shrugged. "Somethings are better left unsaid, Yaya."

"Sadiya mana," he drawled, "Stop this. I'm serious, you should. Zayyan is a good man. I know him--"

"How well do you know him?" She cut him off, "What if he's a serial killer, a kidnapper or abuser? What if--"

"Shut up." He added, "You know he isn't. You love the guy and you loves you too. Do you even have to overthink that far? Block out that tiny and manipulative voice in your head. I'm not asking you to marry him, yet, no one is. Please just... Okay, you know what? Why don't you try this out just this once? Then you get to decide if he's the one."

Sadiya thought over his words before nodding slightly.

"Okay." She whispered. "I'll do it."

Omais mumbled, "Finally. Now I'll have some peace of mind." He teased and relaxed his palms under his head, sinking more into the couch.

She widened her eyes and chucked the throw-pillow to his face, his eyes shut. "What the..." This time, his were widened not hers. "I think am way too old for this but, PILLOW FIGHT!"

***

His eyes on her were making her more nervous than she was already.

'This guy should stop staring, Ya Allah,' Sadiya mumbled quietly.

Hearing Zayyan's chuckle --- while stifling a laughter, she gave him a confused look wondering what was making him laugh.

'Wallahi if Omais convinced me to go on a date with a madman, am going to tell Safeenah that he has a barbie doll hidden in his closet.' She threatened in my mind.