Chapter Thirty-Four

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

“Who's the person responsible for this?” Alhaji Abdulhadi inquired, killing off the deafening silence that blanketed the room as he nonchalantly pointed at the small bump. Ramlah maintained her reticence. “Do I have to repeat myself?!” He yelled.

The coldness laced in his voice made a quiver down her chine. “H-his name i-is... is Im-Imraan.”

“Cognomen?”

“Muhammad.” She adds, “Imraan Muhammad Yusuf.”

“Muhammad Yusuf... Muhammad Yusuf.” A thoughtful look overlaid his face. Ramlah stared at her father through a peripheral view. Did he know Imraan's father?

Hopefully he didn't.

“Aha! I remember him.” Right, she takes that back. “Muhammad Yusuf and I were coursemates in A.B.U. We later met at a conference. That aside...” he put on a genuine serious face. “...you should call that boy.”

She shot up her head with widened eyes, “B-but...” He shot her a glare, making her to shut up.

With shaky hands, she grasped her phone and dialed his number. It rang for a while and when he picked, she put on speaker mode.

'Baby...' Imraan drawled. 'Missing me already?' He was clearly drunk.

She cleared her throat in nervousness, Alhaji Abdulhadi's glares piercing through the sides of her head. “Uhm... Can you-can you come to my house? My parents'.”

'Why? Is it a trap?' His voice clearer. 'Or did you report me to dear ol' papy?' Ouch! He sounded so nonchalant.

“Look, Imraan. My father wants to see you.”

The other line was silent for a while.

'Fine, I'll be there by 4.'

After informing her, he cut the call making her sigh in exhaustion. That went well, right?

Alhaji Abdulhadi was about speak when they heard a sound from the door. They turned their heads when they began to hear footsteps too. Ramlah's heart was beating a marathon because she was a hundred percent sure it was her mother. Actually, there was nothing wrong with her mother knowing about the pregnancy, being the woman would barely scold her. Of course she would, but she'd eventually come over it with short time.

On the other hand, her father did not take it as a trivial issue to be swept under the rug. At the moment, he looked like he's about to pounce on her and beat whatever 'devil' had possessed his only daughter. Only child. What concrete reason would she give as to why she slept with someone else? She was married, including the fact that he wasn't her Mehrem.

As a responsible parent, he felt as though he failed to raise his daughter into a good wife. An ideal woman in the eyes of Islam --- the world. What's going on here?Her mother's voice boomed the walls of the sitting room that was filled with tension. The woman could sense it.

Alhaji Abdulhadi loved his wife. Considering the circumstance of them living under the same roof --- as a couple, he did not approve of the way she trained Ramlah. All in all, she spoilt her rotten even after she got married. As for that... Imraan boy, from the state his voice bibulously sounded, it was obvious that he was intoxicated with a certain level of alcohol he consumed.

He was irresponsible from the first impression.

The question was: Would he even be responsible enough to take care of an expectant mother or the baby itself --- after and before its birth? He shouldn't have to worry --because Ramlah was old enough to differentiate between right or wrong, and still went ahead to do something as despicable-- but he was.