Chapter Fifteen

''The purpose of our lives is to enjoy it.''
-Dalai Lama.

Enjoy!!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"I'm here, where are you?"

"I'm almost there, stop been impatient," he spat, clearly annoyed.

Few minutes later, she sighted him walking towards her table as he walked majestically like it was the coolest thing to do after making her to wait for him for... almost an hour!

"Hey," she flashed him a small smile.

"What's so urgent that you couldn't tell me on phone?" He irritatingly ignored her greeting.

She was taken aback from his go-straight-to-the-point demeanor. Not finding the right letters to make a word, she started,

"Uhmm... I... it's...." she stammered, unable to muster enough courage to tell him. She's as nervous as heck! Who in the world wouldn't be if she was in her shoes.

She brought it upon herself, though.

"Can you say whatever you want to say because you're wasting my darn time at the dead of the moment," he said, as usual - pissed off.

"Iampregnant," she blurted. He clearly didn't understand the 'nonsense' she just uttered.

"What?" He cursed under his breath.

"Imran, I'm pregnant," she said with an imaginative confidence.

He laughs like that was the funniest thing his ears grabbed from a comedy show, and says, "So, how is that any of my effing business, Ramlah?" She flinched at that.

"It's your business because i'm carrying your child."

"What? This is preposterous, does your husband know about this?" He asked with mockery laced in his tone of speaking.

"Of course not! He only thinks i'm pregnant with his child," she said, emphasizing on the 'his'.

"You must be crazy! There's no way you're pregnant with my child, because it only happened once, you must think of me as someone as dumb as you're, woman."

With that been said, he pushed his chair back, stood up and left the restaurant.

He stood up and left!

'He effing walked out on me,' she thought.

What is she going to do now? Because she's definitely not going to tell Yazid that the child in her is someone else's. Obviously.

That b*stard is so full of himself. She's going to have to deal with him, sooner than she wanted to.

But for now, she has to think of something fast !

An idea in her mind and she quickly picked up her phone and dialed a number.

°°°°°°

She was laying on the soft bed, trying hard to lure sleep to take her to its world, but it never came.

Amnesia... that's it!

Its torturing her, it really is.

Or maybe not, a voice in her head said.

Her mind wandering to him, he is the one torturing her, but she wouldn't show it. Not now, not ever. To hell with him.

Sadiya turned her body, making her stomach, instead to make contact with the bed. She dipped her face into the pillow and groaned - in frustration and anger.

Okay, to break this down - she's frustrated because apparently, the son of a potato aka Khamis, as you all know, is taking advantage of her thoughts. To be more precise, her whole mind. He's always lingering at a particular somewhere in her mind. The mind that has seen and felt different things since she was a little girl.

Well, don't blame her, the cruelty of the world and per experience is to be held responsible. She learned in the hardest way there is.

But... she's determined to find him and teach the stupid jerk some manners on how to 'properly' talk or treat a lady. But to be safe, she has some of her martial art lessons still stuck in her brain!

Perfect.

Ya Allah.. this is just too much.

Everything is too much.

Perhaps she should just go for a walk or a jog. Yep, that's just what she's gonna do - even though it isn't the best idea available.

She checked her phone screen and the time read... 8:57p.m.

'who in his or her right sense would go on a 'walk' by this time of the day,' she thought.

It's worth it though.. But she has a bad feeling about this.

She took herself to the closet to change into something. Grabbing a pair of grey sweats, she paired it with a baggy long sleeve shirt - and secured her small veil around her , after putting on her earpiece, making sure to connect it to her phone, to listen to the Qur'anic recitation as it plays in the background.

Clasping her feet in a white and grey nike sneakers, Sadiya walked out of the room and descended the stairs to the kitchen, in order to grab a bottle of water. Shoving the house keys somewhere safe enough, she walked out and left the gate of her apartment building.

Though she prayed to Allah to keep her safe, because the insecure and doubtful feeling wasn't letting go of her.

Strolling on the streets of Abuja, she changed her pace and jogged down the streets.

She was jogging, when she felt like... someone's following her!

'oh shit!' She cursed in her mind.

Or maybe she was just been restless, nope! Certainly not. Why is someone following her? That's a question she can't answer, herself.

Did they want her dead?

Because she can't recall having any enemy!

Sadiya suddenly stopped on her tracks. Unless.... that asshole!

Khamis!

Because she was sure as f*ck that he's capable of this!

Fine then, let two play the game... He's going to know who Sadiya Muhammad Yusuf is - starting from now... Let the game begin...

^-^

Holla fellaz!

How's the fasting?

I'm so so so sorry for not updating for a long time🙏

I missed you guys though💔 But here's another one dropped.

Thanks for reading!

Follow my account please💕

Vote⭐
Comment📝
Like👍 &
Share📱📲

Love♥
fateemah___

Assalam Alaikum🌹