Chapter Twenty

Double Update!

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"What!? Are you serious right now?" Aminah asked, bewildered by her friend's confession.

Ramlah rolled her eyes at her 'silly' reaction, and said, "do I look like am joking?" She pointed her own face and chuckled. Aminah is just been childish as always.

"No, but seriously Ramlah. This whole thing is crazy. The guy loves you and doing this to him, you're not been fair on him," she replied, trying to reason with her, making Ramlah stare at her like she had grown two heads and three eyes.

She hissed and said, "Aminatu," she teased and continues, "why are you getting yourself worked up over that one?"

You all know who she meant by 'one'.
Yazid.

"Look, it's not like that. The baby you're carrying in there is not his baby, so why not... maybe find a way to tell him?"

"Aminah, Aminah, what happened to you?" Ramlah asked, feeling her cheek and forehead with the back of her palm.

"What do you mean?" The other asked, confusion masking her worried expression.

"This isn't you! The Aminah I know and still know would have supported me? What happened to her?"

Okay, now she's -Aminah- scared.

"Am supposed to be the one asking you that first and last question. I can't believe you Ramlah! You've changed completely!"

She's so shocked by Ramlah's new side. The side of her she never knew.

Sighing, she added, "you have to change your ways. Don't forget that your Jannah [paradise] lies under your husband's feet. Stop all this!"

"Hey, don't preach me about marriage! Why don't you go get married and see what is happening in it. No wonder no man wants to be with you!"

Aminah staggered backwards, shaking her head in disapproval and disappointment. She grabbed her back from the floor -next to her foot- and stood up. Now she knows her bestfriend is long gone, she refuses to believe that it's Ramlah talking to her like that, to the point of reminding her of the sadness in her life.

But it was true.

She wasn't going to deny that it is.

No man wanted to be with her and it saddens her. She wanted to feel that love and she will get it, Bi'idhnilLah! [With God's will].

She frowned her face at the comfortably seated Ramlah and left, bumping into Yazid, unintentionally.

"Ah! Yazid, it's you!" She asked the obviously popular question, nervously. She hung her head low, her eyes glued to her shoes -not wanting him to see her teary eyes. She could be easy to read, sometimes.

"Oh hey! Uhm... Amirah right?" He asked, unsure of her name. He knew the face though, she attended their -Yazid and Ramlah- wedding as his wife's best friend and maid of honor.

She chuckled internally then said, "No, it's Aminah," she replied with a smile.

"Oh... yeah, Aminah," he said while scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"It's nice to meet you again," she said that, raising her head up to catch a glance of his face -making her suck in a sharp breath through her flat nose.

Handsome fella...

Ya Rabb! What's gotten into her?

Astaghfirullah...!

"The pleasure is all mine, Aminah."

She felt like fainting at that moment. The effect of the heat from the scorching sun, long forgotten. The way her name rolled off his tongue.

That accent.

Okay! Now, what the hell us wrong with her!?

She's supposed to lower her gaze and not be busy drooling over his features. Not because his her ' bestfriend's ' husband, but because she's a Muslim and he's not her Mahram.

She fiddles with her chubby fingers and said, "Uhm.. I have to go now."

"Oh, okay then. Goodbye," he gave her a smile.

She nods and left his presence and to her car. He stared until she zoomed out of the compound.

Yazid took in a heavy breath and hit the door with his knuckles. He knocked and knocked until the door was finally opened, revealing his angry face.

"Do you want to break down the house?" She rolled her eyes, not even caring to act or at least, pretend to be sweet.

At first, she intended to leave him hanging outside by the door. She was also angry at him and the lady she calls a bestfriend. Reason is; she saw them all smiling at each other to the point of the sides of their mouths reaching the ears.

That traitor that claims to be her childhood bestie, by name; Aminah Haruna. Didn't she even have a boyfriend?

"How about this, you don't forget that this is my house and I knocked on that door, exhausted from work, hoping that I would come home to have a nice rest and take a good shower. Then have a nice homemade dinner, of course. But then, guess what? My amazing and 'kind' wife decided to be angry at some reasons I don't know."

He said all that calmly and slowly, but that didn't mean he wasn't angry at her. He couldn't blame her though, maybe it was just her weird mood swings?

And the attitude? He knew he wouldn't take that sh*t.

"Yazid i--"

She tried to talk to talk to him and apologized, but he cut her off with his hand held in the air.

"You know what? It's fine. No need for any of your explanations."

He sidestepped her and went to their room upstairs.

^-^

Salaam! Hello! Hi!
How are my favorite people? It was a double update🤓🤓

Yaaayyy!!!💃💃💃

How was chapter 20? Hope you lik-- no loved it? I hope you did. Was it interesting. Anty Ramlah and Uncle Yazid, sorry oooo!!!

Follow my account✨ and don't forget to

Vote
Comment
Like &
Share

Love ♥
fateemah___

Assalam Alaikum🌹