Chapter Thirty-Two

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Unreplaceable void can never be filled especially when the reason(s) behind it was gone for quite some time, gone forever. They say people come and go in certain situations and times, it wasn't expective that those people might turn out to be family, at the same time, it was.

Sadiya felt like she was living in an illusion. Like her life was an illusion. It was a weird thought, Astaghfirullah. She had cried countless times in the past, but as months to years passed, her tears learnt to remain in their glands.

Aby was someone she missed. Yes, her father mistreated her, Ommi, and Omais - physically and mentally. However, she still did.

Anxiety attacks became frequent. She was not asthmatic, the life that was destined for her taught her a lot. Both good and bad. It was weird that the bathroom was her only safe corner, because her abusive father - that she believed was bipolar wasn't that senseless to barge in there.

Her Google search history contained things like: 'noticeable behaviours of an abusive father', 'signs of depression', 'how to know if I'm having an anxiety attack', 'how to control emotions', 'why I get angry/cry easily', and so on. For the last one, the result made her cry.

Stress, mental disorder, or depression.

Questions swarmed through her mind, ones she considered and knew were rhetorical. No one to answer them. Her mother was battling with her own emotions. Omais too, with his emotions and school stuff. Raheema, busy with her books and her problems. Aby, a no-go-area, after all, he was the main reason behind it all.

"Thank you," Sadiya smiled to the older woman that went for her regular check-up.

Nurse Safeenah knocked before entering the office to collect the reports Sadiya had made. "Safeenah, can I talk to you for a sec?" She remembered. In fact, she hadn't even forgotten. Just work throwing itself in at every opportunity.

"Sure Doc.," Safeenah replied her curiously, yet, in a polite manner.

Doctor Sadiya gestured for her to sit on the couch situated in a corner of the office. Safeenah sat and the other settled next to her.

"I have been wanting to talk to you about something. Might I add, something of great importance."

Safeenah nodded her head slowly in nervousness.

Sadiya adds, "It's not something to worry about, actually."

"Oh... Okay." She drawled.

"So uhm... you met a guy a couple of weeks ago, right?"

What guy?

"He almost knocked you down by car. You remember?" She inquired.

Safeenah thought for a while before it clicked to her. Was it that Omais guy? That cutie. Calling a full grown man a cutie? Absurd.

"Yeah yeah I remember him."

A part of Sadiya was relieved. Nurse Safeenah asked, "You know him?" her words dripping with curiosity.

The other party looked at her for a while. "Yes," she simply answered.

"How? Are you two related? Wait... how did you even know I met him?"

Sadiya chuckled and touched the back of the hand of the curious lady seated before her. "Yes I do. In fact, very well. As for your last question, he himself told me."