Chapter Two

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

"How many times do I have to tell you this? I- don't- love- you!", the young man yelled at his 'wife'. His wife became dumbfounded even though she knew he didn't.

"And don't you dare go through my phone ever again!" Yazid yelled.

"Yazid, why are you so rude and mean to me? You are always angry with me over even the slightest mistake...*sob*...no matter how little my mistake is, you...*sob*...you always snap at me...*sob*...where did I ever go wro--"

She didn't finish her statement when she felt a sting on her cheek. That was when it dawned to her that Yazid just slapped her.

"Don't you ever, I repeat, ever dictate to me what I should and shouldn't do! I AM WARNING YOU!" Yazid said in rage.

He had told her countless times that he didn't like her, not to talk of love.

Yazid was married to Ramlah, to be more precise, was forced to marry her. She had been trying to force and get him to love her, but he had zero feelings for her, which she didn't get.

Yazid was very angry that veins were popping on his forehead and neck. His red eyes stared intently into Ramlah's, which made her knees get weak, but she remained her posture. He grabbed his car keys and left the house.

"Damn you Ramlah! Damn you!" Yazid said in anguish as he continued hitting the steering wheel in anger. He was driving at high speed.

She just couldn't get it, he didn't love her, but she was just pushing herself into his heart, while he on the other hand, was looking for a way to get rid of her.

For Good!

***

Sadiya returned home from work around 3:03 pm, because she didn't have a night shift. She drove into the compound of her apartment and got down from the car.

She walked her tired self into the house and unlocked the door. As she entered and locked the door from inside, she plopped herself on the couch all exhausted. Her head was already throbbing in ache.

She had no choice but to get up to the room. She went upstairs and entered her room with a cup of tea in her hand and her white coat in the other, while her handbag draped on her shoulder.

She sat on the bed and removed her sneakers, then headed to the bathroom to freshen up. After freshening up, she went to the dressing table and rubbed some lotion on her smooth and fair skin.

Sadiya got dressed in white baggy shirt, and a pair of black leggings. While she packed her hair in a low bun and covered her hair in a silk scarf.

She laid down on the bed and dozed off instantly.

***

Ramlah was beyond broken as usual. Reason was Yazid's behavior. She started to get used to it, but, he had broken her heart into a million pieces. She regretted going through his phone, which she did with no motive behind.

She entered the en-suite to wash her teary face. She looked at her face in the mirror and what stared back looked like a zombie. Her left cheek was already swollen, due to Yazid's slap. New set of tears started to flow freely on her beautiful face. She cried and cried until there were no more tears to shed.

After she washed her face, she performed ablution and came out of the bathroom. She walked to the closet and brought out a long hijab and prayer mat, then spread it on the carpet that was laying on the tiles.

She made sure to prolong sujood and pour out her heart to the Almighty Allah, to be by her side and to guide Yazid to the right path.

Ramlah finished praying and started to say a dua for her marriage. After doing so, she stood up from the prayer mat and folded it, took off her hijab and folded it too, then kept them in their right places.

Meanwhile, Yazid was at his best friend's apartment and narrated everything that transpired between him and his wife, Ramlah. When he ended the story, Ibrahim punched him in the stomach.

"Ouch! What was that for?" Yazid asked him, knowing fully well he couldn't get mad at his bestfriend.

"Seriously? You're really asking me that?" Ibrahim asked, clearly angry at his friend's stupidity.

"Why would you slap a woman? Your wife for that matter. Are you really that dumb and foolish? Just because she went through your phone. Dude, she's your wife, even if you don't love her, atleast try to... I mean, care for her, and you're going to have to apologize to her," Ibrahim said.

"What? Of course not. Why would I apologize to her? Look, my pride and ego would be greatly injured if I do so there's no way i'm doing that!" Yazid being Yazid refused.

"Fine, just know that the Prophet (peace be upon him) never ever raised his hand on any of his wives, and who ever raises his hand on a woman --- not to talk of his own wife, Allah will be angry with that person," Ibrahim continued to advice his best friend, who was following the wrong path.

"You know what? I'm done with this discussion... let's talk about something else," Yazid said, trying to change the topic.

"Fine, just don't let your past affect the future," Ibrahim said. He was the only person that knew about Yazid's dark past, including Yazid's parents.

"Please, don't remind me of that, I'm trying hard to forget it," Yazid said, not liking the fact that Ibrahim was bringing up his past. He didn't want to think about it.

"Fine, sorry about that," Ibrahim sighed and Yazid nodded.

The two best friends started talking about random things until it was time for Asr. They performed ablution and headed out to the mosque.

***

The sound of the Adhan woke her up from her nap. She couldn't remember when last she had taken a nap after work. The head ache long forgotten. She entered the bathroom and washed her face, then performed wudhu (ablution).

After praying, she didn't know what to do. She then decided to just tidy up her room.

She was done arranging the room, so she decided to just check her patients' report. While working on her laptop, she munched on some Pringles and chilled mango juice that was in the fridge.

^-^

Assalam alaikum guys!

Second chapter delivered!😌
Hope you all enjoyed it.

Please don't forget to

Vote,
Comment,

Like &
Share.

Love ♥
fateemah__

Assalamu Alaikum🌹