Chapter Twenty-Eight

Enjoy!

ABUJA, NIGERIA.

Abortion was an option, or maybe it wasn't? Ramlah was confused. Flushing out the pregnancy was a risky and very painful process. She had heard women either losing their lives and the scariest she read in her research was the frequent loss of blood, the cramps.

Urggh.. this was a very hard decision for her to make.

She didn't want the baby, yes -- at the same time, the almost nonexistent part of her wanted to keep it. Yazid was stuck to her like gum ever since she disclosed the goo-- well, bad news to him that it'd started to irritate her to the bits. He treated her like some porcelain doll and monitored her movements, it was so infuriating.

Termination of pregnancy came with a lot of threat to the mother's health, many knew that. To her, as far as the thing could be flushed out of her and she would be free, nothing mattered. Foolishly enough, not even her health. The father didn't want it so why her?

Yes, Imran planted the seed in with her full consent, and he was already ignoring her calls and text messages after their 'little meeting' at the restaurant. He denied being the one responsible for it, and on the other hand, Yazid was practically taking care of an unborn child that wasn't his. What irony.

She glared at her quite unnoticeable bump through the reflection on the dressing mirror before quickly pulling down the blouse as soon as she heard him come into the bedroom.

Plastering an infamous fake smile, Ramlah turned her head to the direction of the sound. He already had a smile, a genuine one at that on his lips.

"Mama's lookin' gorge, hell..." Yazid whistled as he walked towards her. If it where in the past, her heart would've replied to his comment before her mouth would interpret. As for now, nah... let's just say the good ol' days are far far gone.

Ramlah was fed up with all the pretence, she knew what she had done was wrong.

Commiting zinaa as a married woman to the point of getting pregnant? It was a huge crime in Islam. With that, she felt it wasn't her fault but Yazid's. If he wasn't a bad husband to her before, she wouldn't have ran to another man's arms.

With a huge refusal to be the 'bad guy', why not play him same way he had done her?

Ramlah chuckled and said, "Daddy's looking handsome too."

"Ready?" He slung an arm around her shoulders, drawing her to his grey Kaftan clad chest.

"Yeah just a sec."

Rushing to the mirror to adjust the veil she wrapped around her before collecting her purse, after stuffing some gum, vitamins, her phone, earpods and other necessities. "Done." He held her hand in his before the couple left the room and closed the door behind them.

***

Ramlah still felt nervous to meet her in-laws even after years. Yazid felt it as it was obvious, holding her hand reassuringly like the caring husband he was.

As if expecting them, the door was suddenly opened ajar as Hashim (Yazid's older brother) appeared from behind.

"Yazid." He acknowledged Yazid before hugging him -- Hashim was older with a year and two months. It'd been a while since they saw the two.