Chapter 1141 - 1160

Chapter 1141 – Passing on the Mantle

With everything done, Shiro returned back to Sil's body inside the container. He easily pulled himself out, noticing his well developed muscles.

'Oh yeah, that's right, this isn't my body. I always thought he was more scrawny like me, but boy was I wrong.' Shiro then tensed up Sil's muscles and pressed on his hard abs, his finger was practically hitting a solid wall showing he was in top tip shape. 'It's so much different than when I use the ability in my own body. I don't even feel tired after having to search for Oscar. How can one person have so much power?'

After experiencing it for himself he was starting to understand how the Blade family had been able to secretly rule over the Big Four in the past. The things they could do with all those different abilities and the fact that their powers could multiply meant that they would be scary enemies.

'There is still that Hilston guy everyone is worried about out there. If Sil is already this strong, does that mean he is even stronger?' Shiro gulped as the thought crossed his mind. The Blade family leader would not only have had decades more time to gather multiple powerful abilities but also that extra time to have experience with them.

When Shiro went down he was expecting for everyone to start yelling at him and to get told off, but it appeared that Sil had already made everyone aware of what they were attempting to do. When Quinn walked up and held out his hand, he squinted, almost flinching.

"Are you okay?" Was the first question that came out of Quinn's mouth. It wasn't a telling off like he had expected and Shiro nodded in response.

"Wow, that's kinda cool that you can make people swap bodies, and they can use the ability in that body?" Fex questioned. "Does that mean I can see what it's like to be a...a girl for one day?" Now his imagination was running wild.

"Does the ability work on Vampires, maybe it's like Sil's?" Logan theorised.

Despite everyone's comments, Quinn was just happy that there weren't any problems between the process. In all honesty he had been afraid that something might have happened to Shiro and Sil when trying to do something like this, which was why he had only made him run the tests on wild beasts, rather than humans.

However, it was inevitable that at some point Shiro would have had to attempt to do this, and for someone to do it with their own mind, Quinn couldn't imagine how scary that would have been.

"You should have said something instead of running off." Quinn berated Shiro. "You were lucky that it worked out, but what would you have done if something went wrong? If something happened to you, then it would have been my fault for getting you dragged into this whole mess in the first place. Promise me that next time you try something like that you do it under supervision."

Shiro understood his concern, but didn't really know what to say. He understood that just seeing Samantha in that state and wanting to help her wasn't a good enough excuse. Fortunately, she didn't seem to be with the others either. In the end, Shiro just nodded weakly.

"What's done is done, but we need to make sure we don't have to take these huge types of risks in the future. So did you get any results?" Quinn asked the question that was on everyone's mind.

The conversation between the others in the background died down after this as they were listening in carefully.

"I...I connected to him." Shiro answered, which sounded like good news, but Quinn could tell by the sound of Shiro's heartbeat that something was up. If Shiro could have connected to him, then why was there still no active signs on the monitoring equipment.

"He said...he wanted to speak to you, Quinn. I think it might be for the best. Right now I can use my ability to touch both of you at the same time, and pass you on along with me, so you can have a conversation. It was his... he said that was his last request."