Chapter 391 - 400

Chapter 391 Trial rewards

As soon as Quinn had come out with the robot above his head, the others immediately started to duck behind terminals, tables, and desks. They had all seen through the video feed, what it had done to the Wendigo's body and they were all starting to panic, thinking the robot might suddenly go on some sort of rampage.

But, after waiting a few seconds, they started to lift their hands off their ears and peak over the objects they were hiding behind.

"What are you all so worried about?" Quinn said, with the robot now standing upright by his side.

Looking at the robot closely, previously its single eye on its head would be glowing red, especially when it was giving orders, but now they could see no such thing.

Although Quinn wasn't a hundred percent sure, as soon as he said "No" he could see the robot's eye colour dim as it deactivated itself. Even if it did start firing lasers everywhere, Quinn was hoping he could overpower it. Moving its arm and pointing the laser at one of the doors making their exit out of the place.

In all honesty, he was a bit disappointed that it didn't start shooting lasers, because they still had the overall problem and struggle of finding a way out of the place.

"What were you thinking?" Layla said. "Did you want to keep the robot as a pet or something?" Layla's heart was still beating fast, seeing as she was a little startled.

Ever since her change, her emotions were a little higher-strung than usual but, being in the strange lab didn't exactly help things either. Now, instead, it looked like Cia was the one calming her down and giving her comfort, telling her to take deep breaths in and out slowly.

"There's a few reasons actually." Quinn replied. "First off, I was hoping to use the robot's laser to try and fry the door open. I know it probably won't work but we don't have many options. The second reason is we have no clue how many trials they are, nor if it will even lead us to getting out of this place to begin with.

"What we do know, is Mr. Tin here," Quinn said, slapping him on the head. "Has been giving us all the rewards, and I thought it would be a nice possible shortcut to the end. Maybe the last reward is a key."

Approaching the robot, Logan was greatly interested in it. He got Quinn to lay it on the floor and stand nearby in case there were any sudden surprises. As he went to place his hand on top of it, Logan hesitated for a second.

The Fear had gotten to him, the fear of failure. Perhaps, just like with everything else, there was nothing he could do.

His hand stayed a few inches above the robot's chest shaking, and Quinn noticed this too.

"What's wrong?" Quinn asked.

"What if I can't do it?" Logan said.

"Does that matter? It's not like any of us could do better. Don't you want to be better than Richard Eno?" Quinn asked. He had been around Logan long enough to know what spurred him on, and he needed a push to get back to his usual self. "Well here's your chance right. Everything in here belongs to him and it seems like you've already given up. You never thought it would be so easy as to just use your ability to beat him right?"

Thinking about Quinn's words, he knew he was right. For the first time ever, his ability hadn't worked on a machine and it had completely startled him, but others who didn't have this ability of his, still went on to do great things in the past. Was he nothing without his ability? No, he wasn't that type of person.

Placing his hand on the metal robot, he waited, but just like the terminal, he was unable to communicate with it. Although this time there seemed to be no response at all.