Chapter 851 - 860

Chapter 851: Returning old memories

The second family was very welcoming to both Nate and Cia, despite their sudden arrival at such a late hour. It was quite clear they were outsiders, yet they were still greeted with waves and smiles. As they were being escorted through the inner castle area more and more eyes from those living within fell on them.

"This is great." Nate grinned as he waved back. He felt less like a chaperone who had tagged along and more like a hero who had just slain a big monster threatening the populace.

"Urgh! You're so predictable! You know being desperate isn't going to help you get a girlfriend. We girls can sense that kind of thing. You being extra nice just makes you seem clingy and wrong." Cia commented on his behaviour.

However, Nate was currently too happy to let Cia's words bring his mood down. The grin on his face continued to grow. Several girls had already come up to him, handed him flowers and some had even pecked him on his cheek.

If anything they were a little too welcoming, not that Nate was complaining. In fact, he was already looking forward to boasting about it to his friends once they returned.

The two of them were aware that Quinn had made some type of deal with the second family leader. Based on their current treatment, they could only suspect that it would be to vote for her in the upcoming election.

While looking around and passing through, Cia began to notice some things. Perhaps it was because she was actively ignoring the fool beside her, although he was actually the one who indirectly provided her with the hint.

Nate's appearance was a stark contrast to the vampires. The inner castle area housed a large number of females as they could see, yet they appeared to lack any men. Cia only saw male children, none older than twelve.

'Layla said the second leader was nice to her, so I guess I'm just overthinking things.' Cia tried to reason. 'Perhaps the men are all just inside?'

Eventually they had been escorted to just outside the doors of the leaders throne room. A knock announced their arrival and soon after the doors were opened up to reveal a beautiful woman wearing her usually large black dress.

"You must be Cia from the tenth family, right? It appears that the boy failed to mention he would be sending me such a cutie like you." Cindy complimented her guest. The girl's cheeks immediately became a few shades redder, but before she could hide, Cindy grabbed both her hands together as if she had just received a gift.

"It's... it's nice to meet you." Cia, quickly bowed.

"Come in, come in. Please sit down, while I get you a drink ready. I'd like to talk with you for a bit, before we'll try to help you in any way I can."

Cia was a bit overwhelmed by Cindy's openness, but seeing as this might be her only change to recover her memories, she walked through the large double doors.

Nate was just about to follow behind her, when he was suddenly stopped by a single finger on his forehead.

"I'm sorry, but this pertains to my ability which is a bit special. You should understand that I wouldn't want others to know too much about me. Besides, I'm sure your lady friend would also want some things to remain private." Cindy stated. Although her tone was nice, Nate felt that this wasn't a suggestion but more of a command.

"I know the boy has asked you to be her bodyguard, but I will take good care of her. Feel free to wait outside or ask some of my family members to entertain you. "

Usually, Nate would have complied with such a beautiful ladies order, but the way she had looked at him just seconds ago, he could feel a strange shiver through his body.