Chapter 101 - 110

Chapter 101 Leo's Question

With morning lessons over and done with, it was time for Combat lessons to start. Layla had come over with Erin by her side to Quinn. They weren't exactly friends now as the two didn't really talk much.

In fact, Erin didn't really say much at all to anyone. However, over the last few days after searching for Peter together, they started to hang around each other more often. They had also practised as a team together beforehand, and for the first time, Erin had actually called Layla by her name.

These were all huge steps forward in Layla's eyes, and before they knew it, the two of them would naturally just be around each other.

The three of them headed off to the beast weapons class while Vorden had already left for the elemental class.

Now sitting in the room all alone was Peter just blankly staring at the wall Infront of him. Even his fake friends were no longer talking to him at the canteen. Earl and his gang had been avoiding him ever since Erin had threatened them.

They had also already gotten their use out of him and no longer needed him anymore.

Peter continued to sit there and think back at all the stupid things he had done. If only he had done this differently, why did he decide not to ask for help, why did he agree to help them at the time? It had hurt back then and felt like he was going through hell, but right now, he couldn't even remember what the pain felt like.

As all these thoughts ran through his head, and he started clenching his hair in his hands.

Every time a stupid memory came up, he would pull his hair, trying to forget it as if he was pulling the memories out of his head.

"Why!" Peter shouted as he pulled out a clump of hair.

"Why!" He said again pulling out another.

His hands were now filled with parts of his hair. He could feel something running down from the top of his head. He had pulled so hard and so much hair that blood was starting to drip from his scalp.

***

As Quinn was just about to leave the second-year building to head to the beast weapons hall, he paused for a second right by the exit.

This whole time he had been back, not once had he set foot outside in the sun and for the first time, he would be doing so now. He had asked the AI system repeatedly what the effects were, but he would never tell him.

'Calm down Quinn, you already know you won't die so what's the worst that could happen?'

"Hey, Quinn is everything okay?" Layla asked, noticing he had stopped just by the exit.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Quinn said as he took a step forward.

*Bang.

Instantly the effect of the sun had hit him. The ray's affected him more than ever, and a pounding feeling was heard in his head. He stumbled a little but soon caught himself.

It took him a few moments, but he finally adjusted to the sudden feeling.

[You are being hit by direct sunlight]

[All stats will be reduced by 70 percent]

'70, are you freaking kidding me!' Quinn shouted in his head.

"Now, now calm down." The System replied. "I thought you would act like this, so I didn't want to say anything."

"At least I had a chance of fighting in the sun before, I thought if I increased my stats to at least twenty, suck a few people here and there, I would be like a normal person in the sun. What am I meant to do now?"