Chapter 271 - 280

Chapter 271 Family VS Military

A while before Fex and Quinn had arrived at the shelter. All the students from the other classes had been told to return to the shelter as well. This was an order issued by Fay. Frequently, both Fay and Leo were being called out to help the other groups, it was clear that this wasn't a Green portal planet. Or at least not one that the first year students could handle.

After Leo had gone after Del's class and took longer than usual to return, Fay had decided to make the executive decision to call back all of the students to the shelter. The mission was an important one, and she knew her superiors wouldn't accept this as an excuse, especially after just one day.

Instead, to minimize the risk, the plan was to go as one large group while both Fay and Leo would guide them. Rather than split them up via their homeroom classes.

They would cover less ground this way, and the expedition would be a lot slower, but it also would be safer this way.

Some of the students, when returning, were annoyed. Sure they had run into trouble now and again, but in the end, no students had died. Only the weak ones had been injured. They felt like it was better to get rid of the baggage they were carrying. Why not just allow the vulnerable students to return while the stronger ones continued to hunt.

All the other classes had now returned apart from Del's and Fay was starting to worry.

"Where are you Leo, if it's something you can't even handle then we really need to get off this place as soon as possible."

"Hey, I see someone moving." A student shouted.

A person had stepped through the jungle like trees and were now standing on the open dark soil of the shelter.

The first person to arrive was Leo, and behind him, all of the students started to follow. As the other group saw Del's group, sounds of gasps and words of concern were heard.

"What happened to them?"

"Do you think they ran into an advanced beast or something?"

"Yeah right, if they did it would be a lot worse then this. You have to remember Del's class is one of the weakest class out of them all." What the student said wasn't wrong. Del's class was considered the weakest.

With Erin gone and the only strong one left being Vorden, it was hard for them to place the class above any of the others. Vorden's ability would only allow him to copy the strongest of another class. In the student's eyes that only made them even, and they still had plenty of other strong students in their classes apart from one person.

Of course, they thought like this because they didn't know how Vorden's ability really worked.

Soon, the students regretted saying those words as the others started to realize something. At first, they thought that Del's class had just been more injured than theirs. If they had encountered intermediate beasts and it took Leo a long time to get there, then it would make sense. But a little while after, they noticed that no more students were coming out from the jungle.

The current size of the class that appeared, was a little less than half.

"Where is everyone, what happened?" the students said concerned. Not for the other missing students but they were more worried that if something got to them, then they could be next.

The students from Del's class were taken in for further healing as well as to make an official report, while Fay and Leo were to discuss what was to happen next.

"What happened to them?" Fay asked.

"It looks like they went off trail due to an advanced tier beast," Leo explained. The look of horror appeared on Fay's face as her fears were confirmed.