Chapter 401 - 410

Chapter 401 A new classroom

Seeing Layla get dragged off like that was an unexpected outcome that they didn't plan for, But Logan knew this might be the case. There was a good chance that more unexpected things like that would happen. He hated the fact that they were in the unknown right now and he had no information about anything.

This wasn't his way of planning or doing things. Not like this. More than ever he constantly was put on the spot , and needed to make decisions instantly before obtaining all the facts.

However, he was least worried for Layla out of everyone else. For she was the only one that was actually a subclass of a vampire. Her identity was harder to be revealed compared to the rest of them.

A single ring of a large bell was heard, signifying that it was time for classes to begin. One ring, and then no more. The group now having lost Layla were making their way through the school halls, but they were now completely empty, void of students as soon as the bell had rung. The excitement and chatter that was filled everywhere just seconds ago had stopped.

"Hey, hey, isn't this bad?" Cia said. "What are we going to do about Layla?" She asked while the group continued going down the hallway as if they were looking for something.

Logan for the most part was concentrating on the information his little spiders were giving back to him. Right now he was looking for some type of server room where they kept the school files. As long as they had this and he could add their names on to the list, they would be okay. Even if they got into trouble for being late to the class.

"Don't worry about Layla, she's a strong one, she's more skilled than you know." Vorden replied, 'And so are you.' He said in his head, knowing full well that the two of them were ex agents of Pure.

Finally, it looked like Logan had found it, although to alter it, he would need to use his own ability directly. They carried on walking through the halls until they eventually found the room that they were looking for. It was unguarded, unlike the facilities at their own school. Perhaps it was because the vampires trusted each other, or they were too scared to do anything drastic like this.

Logan entered the room by himself, while Vorden and Layla continued to stay outside on guard. They looked around, but it really did seem like not a single person was late for their classes or were scanning the hallways

The silence made it a little awkward between the two of them until eventually, Cia decided to break it.

"Hey Vorden, do you remember who I was, you know, before the memory loss?"

As she asked the question, flashing memories appeared in his head, of all the strange advancement she had made towards him and all the compliments as well. Maybe Raten enjoyed them, but Vorden certainly did not.

"You were... a confident girl." Vorden replied.

Meanwhile, Logan was in the room, which was dark inside and filled with red Led lights. There was a large terminal, one of the likes he had never seen before. This caused him to slightly hesitate after what had happened at the science lab. 'They can't all be like that right. If I can't do this, then we're going to have to change everything.'

Placing his hand on the machine, he waited a few moments, his heart thumping loud and his palms slightly sweating, but after a few seconds, a smile appeared on his face. The machine was listening to him.

After gathering information from the machine, Logan found that there weren't many students in the school at all. Altogether there were around five hundred students and that included the other buildings as well. The other thing he found strange was there seemed to only be a single year group.