Chapter 871 - 880

Chapter 871: A Breakthrough

Heading back to the castle, Quinn was sluggish with his movements. He hardly had enough energy to escape from the tenth area without being seen and knew something needed to be done to get his Mc points back up to where they were. When he was out of sight in a quiet area still in the castle. He cast a small shadow dome, and allowed for HIs Mc points to restore quicker, then using the shadow cloak, he could walk out the front gates of the first castle area without a problem.

However, he soon realised when he left the gates and was no longer using the shadow cloak, his whole arms and legs were shaking with each movement. His body was drained, and it was getting worse.

There was only one other time he had felt like this so far, and that was after fighting the demon tier beast, but the evolution at the time and the green blood had changed that.

At this moment, he found himself slightly craving the green Dalki blood, which had tasted even sweeter than that of a human.

'Is this because I've been using the two types of Qi at the same time?' Quinn thought.

[Status]

[Stamina 2]

His stamina now was incredibly low, and it wasn't revering at a fast rate like it used to. His health, and Mc points could always come back through certain methods, but other than taking others Qi to help him recover, there wasn't much that could be done, but rest.

'If I get my blood control up, and use the blood skills and Qi to fight only when necessary, it will allow me to fight for longer.'

This would of course, only help in one on one battles that tended to take a little longer then Quinn's normal fights. As for if Quinn was fighting a group, he could rely on his soul weapon, but the soul weapon was unusable against vampires, since it needed human blood to activate like that of a blood weapon.

After reaching the tenth's castle area, Quinn attempted to contact Nate, he had answered and it looked like they were finally heading in the right direction and getting close to the destination.

Quinn was a little bit pleased by this, because he too wanted to be there when they found Fex, in case they ran into trouble. With Bryce no longer being a suspect, it meant someone else was behind this, someone who wasn't even afraid of angering someone like Bryce, who was considered one of the strongest.

'Is Peter right? Is there something really up with Cindy?' Quinn thought.

So far Quinn had a list of suspects in his head. Jill the eighth leader, who Peter had seen meet up with Cindy, Cindy herself the second leader, and lastly, he also suspected Muka. The last one was more recent as Muka had been very pushy when it came to suspecting Bryce, and it turned out Bryce wasn't involved at all, which pushed him up the suspect list as well.

Of course, there were all the other leaders that Quinn didn't have a clue about, maybe someone Vincent had angered as the tenth in the past, that he couldn't remember.

'Trying to get the king's seat makes sense, and if they wanted to achieve their goal of weakening the king with the Bloodsuckers, then it worked, but why attack the tenth and not one of the other families.

Why not attack Bryce?'

'Maybe they thought the tenth was an easy target?' Vincent replied. 'They knew you were away. Rowa was a strong leader in the past, but Bryce might have also been able to take him on to the point where the king wouldn't be called.'

'Hmm it makes sense, but I can't help that they wanted something, which is why they even went after Fex now.'

Quinn would rest in the castle for now, and was hoping that by the time the others contacted him and found Fex, he would be fully recovered. Stil, he didn't want to sit around and do nothing either.