Chapter 201 - 210

Chapter 201 To become the strongest

The students were starting to leave the room one by one. It was their day off and they didn't want to hang around in the assemble hall any longer than they needed to. Most of them were leaving with smiles on their faces, excited for the upcoming event.

With Jack mentioning and informing the students of his plans to be at the Inter military base event. They were now eager to impress him, and wanted to start practising right away. If Jack was to over them an invitation to join his family it would be a shortcut to the top.

Usually, unless one was extremely talented they would have to build a reputation for themselves from their own factions and work there way up. Nearly everyone, who wished to become a traveller had a goal of joining the big four.

Even if you created your own faction, it was beneficial to work under one of the big four, for protection from the others.

However, not all the students had smiling faces as they left the hall, there were some who didn't feel the same way.

"Hey, would you move," A student said as he accidentally bumped into Quinn on his way out.

"What was wrong with that guy?" Another student said.

Not moving from his spot, Quinn hadn't moved but he wasn't the only one who had remained motionless. After hearing the final name that had been called out, the whole group was shocked at what they had heard. For the final name was Erin.

As Logan waited outside he realised the others hadn't come out with him, so he took a bite of his sandwich, before he said, "Guys, come on, we need to start our plan straight away. I know this is a shock, but that doesn't stop us from the original plan, instead of saving one, now we just need to save two."

With Logan's words, the group quickly snapped out of it, and started to make their way out of the assembly hall with everyone else. Worrying about it or thinking why Erin was chosen wasn't going to do them any good. The more time wasted, the less likely the plan would work.

The students who had been called all had gone to the front of the stage, wondering what was going on. Peter was also upfront, but his expression hadn't changed much. He was informed of what was going to happen, and wasn't worried about it, he trusted his master, Quinn.

He would just do everything his master had told him to do, and everything would work out fine.

Erin, on the other hand, was panicking, her whole head was slightly swirling. 'They picked, me but why? Aren't I one of the top students? They would never pick a student as good as me right?' She thought to herself.

But the realisation had hit her, and her mask was starting to crumble away. The thoughts and memories she had kept within were starting to surface.

A few days ago, inside the second years head office, Duke had been given a bunch of files that matched the criteria they were looking for. That's when they stumbled upon Erin's file.

"Now this is interesting." He said. Erin was a level five student, and she also had quite an expensive ability too. She wasn't an original but the ice element ability was expensive to get a hold of, especially at level five so Duke wondered why she had been selected.

After reading the file everything started to make sense. Her family worked under one of the big four, and they had established a shelter on one of the orange portal planets. Because of the risk involved, the family had paid them well and had gained quite the status.

A few years had gone by and it looked like the exploration of the planet was nearly over. It was the main task that had been given to her family. They had done a good job getting rid of the few advanced tier beast that lived on the place.