Chapter 571 - 580

Chapter 571 Return of a Nightmare

Springing into action, Linda took off her clothes to review her beautiful white and gold armour underneath. She was wearing the best gear she owned, and she was ready to go into battle. Her two daggers were drawn held up in front of her.

"Each team cover an exit, we're not letting this beast escape!" Kong shouted.

"No!" Linda shouted back. "I'm taking over. No one else is dying while I'm here. It's too risky to have a single team covering an exit.

"Ranged users stay in the back! When you see an opportunity, tag it with a tracker. No one else is going to die, and at the same time, we're not going to let this beast get away."

'What is this crap!' Kong thought. 'They go ahead and make me the leader and then feel the need to babysit me by sending Linda. They think I can't handle a simple king tier beast.'

Out of everyone, with no hesitation at all, Linda was the first one to charge in. Her aim was to gain the king tiers beast's attention. She was confident in her armour and skills to at least hold the beast.

While running forward, she started to activate her ability. The features on her face started to change slightly, giving her a more charming look, her eyes narrowed, and the grip around her daggers tightened. When she eventually got too close to the beast, it came at her like a bowling ball with a large swing of its tail.

She lept in the air, and the tail had missed. The blow was so strong and fierce that the wind from the swing was felt all the way at the back by the rest of the group.

"Come on, we can't just sit around, let's go," Fex said, running forward and with him, the group followed.

'Are they trying to get a jump on the beast and get the last hit?' Kong thought. 'Well, I'm not going to let that happen.'

"Come on, boys let's go!"

With a battle cry, they too were now charging in. However, the remainder of Linda's group stood there, frozen in place. In a way, Blip had predicted this, which was why he wanted Linda to go with them.

Blip expected that some of them would freeze at the sheer sight of a king tier beast, but they needed to experience this. If they wanted to improve, at some point in the future, this is what they needed to do battle with.

When running ahead, Fex was looking for Linda, he had seen her avoid the tail, but where was she?

"Above, above," Sam said.

Hovering in the air, she flapped her two dark black wings. Right now she really looked like a human mixed in with a crow. Her speed and movements were faster in the air. As she swept down, the beast tried to claw at her, but she was skilled, twisting and turning to avoid the blows. When going past the beast's neck, she held out her dagger, and a cut was made piercing the skin.

"Too shallow." She said, but there was a smile on her face. Her daggers were king tier level, and the beast was a king tier. Her ability was one that improved her overall skills and body structure, but it wasn't one that could be used to damage the beast alone.

If she had anything less than a king tier weapon on her, it would prove difficult to hurt the beast. Hoping to do some severe damage to the beast, she wanted to aim for the same wound again.

Diving in she avoided most of the attacks that were coming her way once again, here was the shallow neck wound she had made before. If she could dig in her blade and open up the wound more, then the others could aim for that spot.

Just as she was about to reach it, a large black ball had appeared from the side, and hit the beast in the head. It was a heavy blow, and the beast's head was chucked to the side, causing Linda's strike to miss, at the same time its large fat tail was swung outward and had knocked her out of the air.