Chapter 561 - 570

Chapter 561 Turning poin

An advanced tier beast like the Hypolord was no match for Kazz. After all, before vampires could come of age and either evolve into a vampire noble or go through the ceremony, they were told to kill ten death bats which were also at the advanced level.

There was never a worry in Kazz's mind that she would die. Freddy had taken them to a quiet area, there was no one else around, it was his secret spot, and he himself didn't seem too strong. If she needed to use something like super strength, they could try to explain it away. Or worse, they could remove his memory.

She thought of all these things when she decided to give the big Hypolord a punch straight through its mouth. However, she didn't expect her body to suddenly be transported, so it was back fully on land.

And in her place, Freddy was there, she could see the look in Freddy's eyes as the Hypolord's mouth shut. He wasn't frightened, he wasn't scared, instead, he was smiling.

'Why are you smiling? Your weak body will be crushed' And in less than a second, it was just that. The one thing the Hypo creatures had was a deathly strong and fast jaw. After a single snap, it repeatedly opened and closed it's mouth again.

'Why would someone weaker than me, why would that idiot do that for me?' Although she didn't understand his actions, it seemed like her body was reacting, a thick heavy lump was felt in her throat. She had only known him for less than a day, what was this strange feeling?

Before she knew it, she could see Quinn running out. He had placed his shadow in front of him, allowing him to run out onto the water. His feet would sink into the shadow slowly, but his foot was already lifting before he took the next step.

The shadow path eventually reached the Hypolord and surrounded it. It's mouth that was moving fast, was now moving slowly.

This was one of Quinn's new skills called shadow path. From himself, he would throw a path of shadow onto the ground. Whatever set foot on it would be slowed for a short amount of time, and soon the shadow would start to disappear.

The only problem was, the shadow path was slow to come out, and it could only move in a straight line once thrown. Making it easy for one to avoid, but perfect for slow-moving beasts like this one, who were fast in certain areas.

Wasting no time, Quinn hopped on to the Hypolord's back. Using his fist in a claw-like manner, he pounded right through its skull until he reached the brain. He squeezed down, trying to crush it. Anything to stop its movements.

"Damn it, the others, they're going after him as well!" Paul shouted as he noticed the twenty or so Hypocen that were left, now weren't by the shore. In its struggle, the Hypolord moved further into the waters, and it looked like his friends were coming to its aid.

"Shadow void." Soon a large dome-like shadow encased all of them.

"Can we go in there, should we help him?" Paul asked, not having a clue what was going on. Paul hadn't seen Quinn fight properly. He had been busy fighting Leo at the time and didn't know Quinn's strength. However, he did expect Quinn to have some type of power. Otherwise, no one would have listened to his suggestions when saving his life.

Paul looked to Kazz for answers, but she seemed to just be standing there, unsure what to do.

'Was it an ability?' She thought. 'He said the words swap. Moving his position and mine.'

"Quinn don't die, I need you alive!" Paul shouted.

Then, a few moments later, and the shadow dome came down. The Hypocen were seen floating about in the water. Parts of their bodies detached. The lord's mouth had been ripped open and now in Quinn's hands standing on top of his shadow, was a body. A lifeless body and a tag in his hand.