Chapter 1061 - 1080

Chapter 1061 – Uncovering the Demon tier beast

At times, Quinn would be delighted to see a quest pop up. It was a chance for him to evolve, and grow stronger, which was exactly what he needed. The most common way for him to get a quest from the system was when he was facing a strong opponent.

However, this one, and lately the quest he had been receiving of late, were involving others, and he didn't like it at all. His body was screaming, telling him he needed to return back as soon as possible and the system message wasn't the only reason he knew he needed to.

It was also due to the connection he could feel. He could tell that the others were locked in some sort of combat.

'I have confidence in their strength, but who or what are they fighting? The Marked?' Quinn thought.

'It looks like the Demon tier is able to take over the human hosts whenever it wishes based on what we have seen. Perhaps, the Demon tier beast has turned all those captured already.' Vincent added.

"We need to go back now, the base is in trouble." Quinn said.

"But you said this is a Demon tier beast's doing, correct? Shouldn't we focus on that, maybe we can find the others as well?" Ko replied.

Ruffling of leaves and trees being pushed over were heard from the forest. Quickly using his inspect skill, Quinn could see many different beasts hidden, coming towards them at all sorts of different levels.

"Are those beasts, how many more are coming over to us." One of the Orbus leaders said.

There were a lot, and even with Quinn taking them all out with a single hit, it would delay their goal of getting back to the base.

'Wait a second, all of the beasts, they're coming from the Shelter. Is that what they are trying to do, slow our return back? If the Demon tier really knows I killed that Moth on my own, then it would make sense. Does it have an idea of my power?'

"I can't waste anymore time convincing you guys, you just have to believe me that the base is being attacked. You can either come with me, or stay to fight those beasts." Quinn said, as he activated his shadow travel and hopped into it.

As the ruffling of the trees got louder, knowing that the beasts were nearly upon them, it didn't take them long to hop into the shadow and come with him.

Traveling through the shadow they could avoid everything. It was fast and while in his shadow space, they could head directly to the shelter.

"Is this the same place as last time? I don't see anyone else." Ko said, thinking about the place where Quinn had trapped all the other Marked.

"No, this is different, you can see where we are above." Quinn replied.

As they looked up, they could see the trees and ground. It was like they were traveling in an underground vehicle with a glass roof above them.

If Quinn wanted to get there urgently, he could have used his shadow link to transfer himself to Linda, but he had a feeling that as time went on, the problem would increase. He could see on his quest bar that the number of those infected were rising.

The only thing he could do was find and defeat the Demon tier beast as soon as possible. Still not being able to get it out of his head, he decided to use his mask to call the others, and spercfcelly called Linda.

"Linda, you answered, I guess that means you guys are okay for now, what's happening over there?" Quinn asked.

"Quinn, you need to come back as soon as possible, I believe the whole shelter is in trouble. The Marked have taken over the Graylash family members and they are stronger than ever. You need to be careful." Linda replied.