Chapter 241 - 250

Chapter 241 A strange item

Chaos had erupted on the side slope of the mountain. Once the raindrops touched the top of the beasts' head. It had sent them a signal informing them to rise to the surface. The beast was tall and wide and to top it off, they were fast and nimble as well.

Most of the students were still tired from the fight with the advance tiered beast earlier. Most of their MC Cells had been used and they hadn't had enough time to recover. Their instinct told them to run upon seeing the beasts rising from underneath the ground.

However, the beats were just too fast. As if it was a snake, the plants opened their mouths wide and sometimes consumed more than one student at a time, and one of these students was Quinn.

"We have to get him out of there!" Vorden shouted as he looked around at the other students. "Damn it, why isn't there someone with high-level abilities in this class."

Del's class was considered one of the weakest class and they had gotten significantly weaker after Erin had left. Vorden was hoping at one point to come across one of the other classes and copy one of their abilities.

One of the downside's to Vorden's ability was the fact that he would have to wait twenty-four hours before storing a new ability. At most with the help of Raten and Sil, he could store three at a time. Because of this, Vorden was actually cautious about whose ability he copied.

Right now, it didn't seem like anyone's ability was doing well against the plants.

"He's already dead, let's just get out of here," Cia complained.

"No, he's not dead," Peter replied. "I can tell."

Although Cia had no clue what Peter meant by this... the others realised that the reason must be some type of link between the two. That could also be the explanation as to why Peter wasn't going mad right now after witnessing the death of Quinn.

"I'll go get him!" Fex said. The others were surprised by his words. They knew Quinn and Fex weren't close enough, but obviously from Fex's words. He was genuinely concerned about Quinn. But the question was, when did the two of them become so close?

But Fex could tell the seriousness of the situation. He was the only one along with Quinn that hadn't done much during the fight against the advanced tier beast, so he still had plenty of energy.

Fex ran and leapt into the air, but in a blink of an eye the plant swayed its large body to the side, and at an incredible speed struck Fex who was still in mid-air, slamming him back to the side of the mountain.

"Maybe jumping straight forward wasn't such a good idea." The pain wreaking havoc on Fex's body wasn't too bad but he was still a little dazed. When he managed together where he was he could see the plant already coming towards him across the floor with its mouth wide open.

When he finally managed to get up, the plant was already coming for him, streaking across the floor with its mouth wide open— ready to devour him.

There was no panic on Fex's face, just a slight smile. "Eat me then you piece of..." Then— he was gone. Swallowed by the beast plant. It lifted its whole body and raised its head, making sure that whatever it managed to consume would go straight down.

The others, stayed there watching the plant for a few seconds, hoping that Fex had some sort of plan.

There was a lot of popular news established by media centres about some people's miraculous escape after being swallowed by a beast. It was reported that those people killed their way out of the beast's body.

But after watching for a while and seeing no result, the situation couldn't be more obvious.

"Run!" Vorden shouted. "It's all we can do, if Peter says Quinn is safe then we just have to believe him."