CHAPTER 12

TYRIQUE P

TYRIQUE P.O.V

Today has been eventful for me. I had so much to do, but at the same time, I was able to chat with Ella and get her number too. I even told her I was going to call her when I get home from work today. She was also in school when we were chatting, so we were not able to talk well. I liked the conversation we were having; she could be a good friend.

My staffs are efficient and always willing to work. We have been trying to get some wearables for the fashion week community coming up, and we are also planning on launching a different line after the fashion week. Talk about working ahead of time! The workload is taking a toll on every one of us.
I got home late, remembering I was meant to call Ella when I get back from work. I wasn't sure if I could still call her because it was too late; she might be sleeping already. At the same time, I promised to call her, so I was conflicted. I don't want to be known as the guy who doesn't keep his word. I ended up dialing her number; it was ringing for a while before she picked up.

"Hello," I heard from the other end. "What's up?" I said back. "How are you doing?" she replied. She told me how she thought I wasn't going to call, and she was on her way to bed when my call came in. I replied, telling her I was sorry for calling her this late and that I wasn't planning on disturbing her, but I just got back from work because I had a lot to do.
She told me how she thought I don't keep to my words, but I shouldn't worry because she can understand. I laughed and also told her how I was contemplating whether I should call or just go to bed and call her the next day. We talked about different and random things; she was a very cool person to talk to on the phone. Before ending the call, I asked her if she would be free on Saturday because I would love to hang out with her. She accepted the offer of us hanging out on Saturday, and then we told each other goodnight. We both are having a long day tomorrow.

After conversing with Ella on the phone, I took a shower, ate, and then went to bed with thoughts of how Saturday is going to unfold. The New York Fashion Week is approaching, and I have other commitments to attend to. I don't just run a fashion house; I also have other businesses and investments, such as real estate and a marketing and advertisement company.
Running these businesses takes a significant amount of my time, but I also ensure that I carve out time for myself. Nevertheless, my businesses consume most of my time, which might explain why I haven't been in a relationship. I have always been focused on financial pursuits, driven by the desire to earn, spend, and accumulate more money. Unfortunately, this attitude has influenced my interactions with women, making me realize that without financial success, attracting partners becomes challenging. It's not something to be proud of.
Since my college days, my approach has been to engage with women physically and then move on. I struggle with maintaining a relationship beyond that. Now, I want to see if I can change that pattern with Ella. I'm uncertain about the direction our connection will take, but one thing is clear: I want her by my side. Even if we remain friends, I would be content with that outcome. She's both beautiful and enjoyable to talk to, and I'm eager to explore the possibilities.
This week went by so quickly; today is Friday, and I've been immersed in work throughout the week. I haven't even come up with a plan for what I want to do with Ella tomorrow, but I do know that I want something enjoyable and fun. I aim for it to be relaxed and informal, yet I also want to use the opportunity to get to know her better. I'll contemplate the details later.
Initially, I was considering going out to a bar with Montel later tonight, but I'm uncertain if it'll be feasible given the workload I currently have. It's been an intense week, and I'm hopeful that tomorrow will unfold smoothly.

The next chapter is going to be all about their date and how they are getting to know each other💃🏾🥹