CHAPTER 18

TYRIQUE P.O.V

I was on my way to work when a message from Ella came through; that moment, I knew the package had been delivered to her

I was on my way to work when a message from Ella came through; that moment, I knew the package had been delivered to her. I had to get back to my work this early in the morning because I had so many orders to sort out, and time was no longer on my side. Fashion week is starting in 5 days; though I have been preparing for a while now, I still had other things to do before that day. I concluded that I was going to reply to Ella's message when I am fully settled and in the right state of mind.

Montel and the guys are hosting a game night on Saturday. I had to help them take care of things. I was angry with them when they asked me because they all knew I had a lot on my plate lately. I agreed to help because they asked in a nice way.

I got to work an hour later due to the traffic this morning. New York traffic is always so annoying, especially in the morning on a working day. "Good Morning, sir," my receptionist Hailey greeted me. I have a female receptionist named Hailey who has been working for me for the past one year now. I like working with her because she respects boundaries and knows how important it is for her to work. In the past, the females that worked here were always trying to get in bed with me before I eventually fired them. I hate mixing business with pleasure; it ends up bringing disrespect.

"Good Morning, Hailey. How are you doing this morning?" I asked her. "I hope the orders are ready, and the models are available this morning for briefings." Hailey replied by telling me everything is going as planned and the models are trying out the outfits to be displayed on that day. After hearing her feedback, I thanked her then went into my office to start working for the day.

The time is 2:00 pm now, which is lunch break. I have been having a busy day; after settling one problem, another shows up which is very exhausting. I already sent one of my employees to get my lunch from the nearest restaurant because I just had to settle the things in front of me before standing up from my seat. I had the knock on my door notifying me that my lunch is here already. I thanked the person who helped me before checking the food; I was hungry and was ready to start eating. During my lunch, I decided I was going to check Ella's message now and reply to her before going back to work. I checked her message and smiled; yesterday, after talking to her on the phone and planning to hang out on Friday night, I just wanted to make her smile, the reason why I made those orders yesterday night. I saw the bag and shoes online while I was going through my Instagram page, and Ella came to my mind. I knew it was going to look good on her; then I also ordered some roses and asked if they could deliver this morning, and surprisingly, everything went as planned. Reading her message now and seeing how grateful she is makes everything worth it. Though we aren't dating or anything, I just like to see her smile; she has a very beautiful smile. I want her in my corner if that makes sense to you. I quickly replied to her message.

Me: Today has been a lot. I hope you are having a nice day, and I am glad I was able to put a smile on your face.
Ella: On my way back home, I have a class on Tuesday. Sorry about how your day is going; I hope you take a break and rest.
Me: Thank you. I will talk to you later; I have to get back to work.

After replying to her message, I went back straight to work. It was dark before I knew it. I picked up my keys, ready to leave my office and go home straight to rest. I was so tired and was regretting why I didn't call my driver today of all days to pick me up. I usually don't let my driver drive me all the time because I love to drive; also, I love cars a lot and I enjoy being behind the wheels. But times like this, I just want to be in the back seat and rest. I got home late, checked my kitchen for something to eat, went ahead to take a shower, and went straight to bed, with me waiting for the weekend to be here; this week is stressing me too much.

Note:This is a short chapter,I have been busy for a while now and just wanted to update this book,surely the next chapter is going to be longer than this and it is going to be exciting to read.