CHAPTER 26

TYRIQUE P.O.V

Ella left with her friend a few minutes ago, and Montel was drunk

Ella left with her friend a few minutes ago, and Montel was drunk. I know he caused a scene, but that's not the issue right now. The main problem is how to chase these people home. I was tired and didn't plan on leaving all these people alone. To avoid missing things, I ended up stopping the music and letting them know the party was over. They started leaving one after the other.
Caramel came to meet me, telling me she wanted to stay with me tonight, I wasn't planning on seeing her for now. Sorry about that, but I need you and your friend to go home. If you guys are too drunk to drive, the only thing I can do is allow both of you to stay in the guest room. She wanted to start arguing with me before I stopped her. I was too tired for this; I just wanted to sleep off. I had so much going on, and the least on my mind is to argue with her.
She went on to lead her friend to the guest room, leaving me alone with the last set of people in the living room. They were waiting for their ride, which came a few minutes later. The house was free but dirty and scattered. I wasn't planning on cleaning anything tonight; tomorrow, the cleaning agents will come clean it up. I switched off the light and went upstairs to the room I usually stay in whenever I visit Montel. I took a shower and waited for Ella to call me. She called me later, letting me know they were home safe. A few minutes after the call, I slept off.
Woke up early today, Sunday. Picked up my phone to call my cleaning agents, then went to do my morning hygiene before going to the kitchen to get water to drink. While in the kitchen, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Montel came to join me in the kitchen.
"Good morning, how was your night?" I asked, laughing. I knew he was having the worst hangover, if he could remember what happened yesterday. I went on to ask him about what happened between him and Laylay yesterday. He was going to reply when Caramel and Bella came to the kitchen, telling us they were leaving and had things to take care of. We followed them to the parking lot, watching them drive away in their respective cars.
"The cleaning agents are on the way," I told him, "and I ordered pizza for us to eat this morning. They should be here any moment now."
"You're a lifesaver," he replied. "I'm hungry and having a hangover." I asked him again about last night, and he shared that Laylay caught Bella and him kissing. "Not that I'm in a relationship with Laylay, but I think I understand where she's coming from," he said. "Laylay and I had something a while ago, and we both know we don't want something serious. I think she just felt some type of way seeing me with someone else, and the fact that we were both drunk did not help."
I was looking at him and laughing because he always finds himself in a mess. "Well, make sure you settle it. I don't want to be in the mix of all this. My life is busy enough," I said.
"Well, you and Ella never came down last night. You need to see Caramel; yesterday night she was fuming. I guess she knew both of you were together," he told me. "You don't have to know what happened," I replied. "I have work to do; the fashion week is near. Not staying long; I have to be home."
I told him the pizza arrived, and we both finished it because we were that hungry. I left his house at noon and went straight home. I knew I had to call Ella today not to look like I was ignoring her after the night we shared. I had been working since I got home and never knew it was late. We had many things to talk about. I picked up my phone, messaging her

Me: "Are you free for dinner?"