CHAPTER 1

ELLA P

ELLA P.O.V

   College life is something people don't talk about enough.They make you believe everything is all fun and rosy. Mind you, I will never dispute the fact that college life is fun and rosy, but we should also learn to talk about the struggles too. I study Business Administration at the University of Columbia, New York—one of the best schools in the World. In my second year, I got admitted to the university through a scholarship. It was very hard to get in because of how prestigious the school is. I am 20 years of age, and I love dressing a lot because I always look good in whatever I put on.
       I stay outside school in my rented apartment with a friend I met in my first year. We met on my way to the school library, and ever since then, we have been close friends. She is someone I am really glad I met; she keeps me sane and cheers me up whenever I feel like crying from so much stress. I call her Laylay just to piss her off,her real name is Leah Taylor. Our apartment is a stone throw from school, we got lucky with that.                             

Ella Room

    Laylay is someone who is very outspoken and friendly, while I am fiery and emotional. I am not a naturally friendly person, and I find it very difficult to make friends because I don't enjoy excessive social interactions. I am also an introvert, which makes it challenging for me to connect with others outside of school work.
Apart from my studies, I also try to make money on the internet by being a social media influencer, especially on Instagram. My line of work is fashion, as I enjoy putting together different clothing pieces to create stylish looks. Although I am yet to be one of those big influencers, I still make some earnings from this job.
   Today is Friday, the best day of the week. I always look forward to Fridays because there is a special joy knowing that the weekend is here. After my last class on Friday afternoon, I decided to go back to my apartment,took a cold shower, ate my left over pizza and then slept off. Laylay was not back from her class yet.