CHAPTER 10

TYRIQUE P

TYRIQUE P.O.V

We left the restaurant immediately after Ella departed with her friend. I was feeling guilty because my mind was no longer focused on the date with Hailey, and I didn't want to lead her on. Hailey asked me what was going on and why we were leaving early, but I couldn't provide an answer at that moment. I offered to drop her off in front of her apartment, which she accepted. When we arrived at her apartment, I knew I needed to talk to her. The car was quiet. 'I've been waiting to tell you something,' I said to her. 'I would never want to mislead you in any way. I wanted to take you out because I wanted to get to know you as a person and see if there could be something for us to build upon. But to be honest, my head isn't there yet. I wouldn't want to lead you on.' 'When will you be ready then, because I really like you?' she asked. 'I'm not sure about that,' I replied. 'Let's just be friends so it can be easier for both of us.' 'How about this,' she suggested. 'Can't we be friends with benefits? I don't want to lose you. I can't settle for just friendship. Can't you see I'm attracted to you?' she shouted. I couldn't give her what she wanted, as my mind was elsewhere. It would be wrong to tell her that I actually like someone else. The worst part is, I just learned her name today. Liking someone who doesn't feel the same way about you makes me feel pathetic. Assuming I hadn't met Ella today, things might have worked out with Hailey. 'You know what, let's talk about this next time we're both tired and not in the right state of mind. Goodnight,' she said, pecking my cheek before leaving the car. After confirming she had reached her apartment safely, I drove off. I was tired and wanted to sleep. Remembering Montel was still at my house made me feel irritated immediately because I knew he was going to be asking silly questions. I wasn't in the mood to answer. A few hours later, I got to my compound, parked my car in the garage, and went inside. I found him sleeping on the couch with the TV still playing. Thank God, I was happy that he was sleeping; at least, nobody is going to disturb me with questions. I then went to my room, took a shower, and drifted off to sleep with the excitement that tomorrow is Sunday.
This morning, I woke up early as I needed to hit the gym. I usually visit the gym every weekend, which are my free days. Having a gym in my apartment makes it easier for me. Today, I wanted to rest well. After finishing at the gym, I took a shower and then went to the kitchen to heat something up to eat. In the process, I noticed that Montel was already gone. I planned on calling him later after eating my meal. Then, I went to take a nap in my room.
I woke up around 4:00pm in the evening and went for my grocery shopping, something I usually do on Sundays. After the grocery shopping, I thought of doing some work since I had nothing else to do, and the fashion week is coming up soon. I worked till 7:00pm. Just as my work was done, my phone started ringing. It was my brother asking for a FaceTime call. Since my family stays in London and we're quite far from each other, I enjoy catching up with them. We talked for hours and eventually ended the call.
Afterward, I went to my bed with my phone in hand, ready to do what I had intended. Since I couldn't get her number directly, I decided to search for her on social media and send her a message there. She had told me her full name, so it should be easy to find her. I went on Instagram and searched for her name. Different names popped up, but I was able to locate her page because she had her picture there and a considerable number of followers. It seemed like she might be an influencer. After going through her page, I sent her a direct message:
@Ellathomas: Wassup pretty.
I waited for her reply before I eventually fell asleep.

The last chapter and this one was a short one but the next chapters should be longer☺️.
Thank you to those that find this book worthy of reading I love you ❣️🥰

I found this picture😍😍This library is so beautiful