CHAPTER 19

ELLA P.O.V

   This week is coming to an end; it's been my best week ever since I started schooling here in New York

This week is coming to an end; it's been my best week ever since I started schooling here in New York. I got so many exciting news this week from Ty sending me gifts on Monday, which was the beginning of the week, both of us deciding to hang out again this Friday, and me getting the best news of my career on Wednesday, which was yesterday. I got back from school yesterday, then went to check my email to see if any brand had reached out to me. Due to the nature of my job, I ended up getting a mail from PrettyLittleThings, asking if I would be available next week for a meeting in one of their offices in New York. When I saw the message, I was the happiest. I have never been so happy like this in a while because the brand is one of the biggest clothing brands in the world. They work with top influencers and models like Jayda Cheaves, Naomi Campbell, etc. For them to reach out to me definitely means I am doing something right, and people are watching me even when I feel like my career isn't moving forward. The mail boosted my confidence and makes me want to work more.
Today is Thursday, another day for classes and my last day because I don't have classes on Friday. I have been giddy all day. I have just two classes, and after that, I planned on going back to my apartment to rest for the whole day. I haven't even gotten a chance to talk to Ty since the last time we talked; we both have been busy. But we have tomorrow night to catch up on what we have been up to. I like Ty a lot, not because he buys things for me; I like him because he is good-looking and easy to chat with. He is also caring. The one thing I despise about him is that he flirts too much and doesn't know when to draw the line. Girls believe flirting with them means you like them. Not all of them understand that it is just something he likes to do in a friendly way. But who am I to correct him? We are not in a relationship; he is free to do anything he likes. Laylay went to visit her parents yesterday, leaving me alone in the apartment. After my last class today, I went to get pizza. On my way back home, I couldn't wait to be on my bed and sleep. I haven't been able to sleep since I got the news from PrettyLittleThings. It is like a dream come true for me. I can't wait to share the news with my friends, which is Ty and Laylay. I was planning on telling them after attending the meeting and seeing what they have to offer before putting their hopes up. For now, nobody knows about it. I can't even wait for tomorrow night to drink a lot of wine. I wasn't even sure of what to wear tomorrow night, but I just really want to wear something comfortable and enjoy my night.
Today is another
Another Lazy Friday.Ty sent me a message telling me when he will come over to pick me. I ended up picking up a black dress. I have just been sleeping and waking up today, literally. I have nothing to do. Most times I use my Fridays for relaxing. I am missing my roommates; she would have been excited for me going on the date. The fact that I will even do my makeup myself makes me miss her even more. After sleeping throughout, I woke up at 6:00 pm and started getting ready. When it was 8:00 pm, Ty showed up,

 When it was 8:00 pm, Ty showed up,

we left for the restaurant

we left for the restaurant. On our way, we were able to talk about how our week went, with me omitting the email I got. When we got there, we made our order and started chatting. You know, we haven't talked about the kiss on our first date. We both have been avoiding that topic, and you know, by the end of the day, we both have to talk about it. He said, hearing him bring the topic up made me scared because I don't even know what to say. He was about to continue talking when the waiter interrupted us by dropping our food. When he left, Ty went on by asking what I felt about the kiss. I wasn't even sure what to say. I hated the fact that he brought it up today because I wanted to have a good time and not talk about something serious. At the same time, I had to understand that we have both been avoiding the topic, and one day we have to talk about it to know where we stand. I was in a dilemma. I like Tyrique, but I wasn't sure if the feelings were mutual. I don't want to be too forward and scare him away. He told me before that he has never been in a relationship; the only thing he does is friends with benefits. In order not to make things awkward, I told him I enjoyed the kiss and asked him what he feels. "Ella, you are a pretty girl. I like the way you smile too, and you are also a fun person to be with. But to top it all, you are a good kisser," he said. I started laughing because I never knew that was what he wanted to say. But anyway, thank you, I said. Ty then went on telling me he wanted to ask me a question, but we should enjoy our night first. I was so anxious during the meal; my mind was everywhere, trying every possible best to think about what he could literally want to ask during the night. I loosened up and enjoyed my meal with the nice view in front of us with a very comfortable silence. "Ella," I heard him call my name. "Will you be my friend with benefits?"