CHAPTER 8

TYRIQUE P

TYRIQUE P.O.V
    Friday evening, I called the waitress that dropped me her digit at the bar the other day. I never even asked for her name - one of my bad habits. During the call, she told me her name is Hailey. We chatted for a while on the phone before I asked if she was going to be free tomorrow evening. I wanted to take her for dinner. We picked a time, and I told her I was going to give her the address before tomorrow evening before ending the call. Montel is at my crib; we were playing games together before I called Hailey, so he heard the conversation. "You taking her out for dinner, that's new," he said. "Well, there's always a first time for everything," I told him while rolling my eyes at him. "You know I don't bring those girls to my crib before they start getting clingy and territorial," he shook his head like he wasn't the same.

 "You know I don't bring those girls to my crib before they start getting clingy and territorial," he shook his head like he wasn't the same

           Tyrique Game Room
    I woke up early on Saturday so I could go to the gym. It's been a while since I worked out. I got back later in the day, very tired. I had to make reservations for the date this evening, so I picked up my phone and started to make reservations at Dabble restaurant. I knew it was last minute, but I tried anyways. In the end, I was able to get a table. I immediately sent the address to Hailey and then went to take a shower. After my shower, I ate and then went to take a nap. My alarm woke me up exactly at 6:00 pm, and I had to start getting ready for my date.
Hailey told me she was almost on her way and was just waiting for her ride. I left my apartment at 7:00 pm, even though the reservation was at 8:00 pm. I wanted to be there before her. She arrived a little after 8, but I wasn't complaining. While she got here, I called for a waiter who came to take our orders.
During the time we were waiting for our food, we were getting to know each other. While we were talking, I noticed someone was looking at me. I checked and discovered that it was the girl I met the other day at the club who refused to tell me her name. She was looking hot and sexy as hell, and I couldn't stop staring at her. She was really looking good and was here with her friend, who was also looking good. I started to feel bad because I totally forgot Hailey was sitting in front of me. I continued to talk with Hailey, but my mind was no longer with her.
The waiter brought our food later, so we started to eat. While eating, I was busy staring at the girl next to our table. I knew how rude it was, but I couldn't just stop. I noticed the girl walking towards the restroom, and what I had on my mind was to follow her there, but I had to be careful not to look suspicious. I ended up telling Hailey that I had to use the restroom and that I would be right back. I was able to make it to the restroom without drawing any suspicious attention. I had to wait in front of the female restroom for her, and she was taking a lot of time, but I had to wait. At the end of the day, she ended up telling me her full name, which was the highlight of the date for me. I was feeling bad because I knew I brought Hailey out for dinner, but someone else caught my attention.
   At the end of the dinner, I came clean to Hailey by telling her it couldn't work because I was not a relationship type of guy. She was mad at me and asked why I bothered taking her on the date and raising her hopes up. Only if she knew, I wanted to try, but a certain someone made all the effort go down the drain. After her yelling at me, she stormed off to her apartment. At least I told her the truth. I thought to myself, this night was good for me because I was given the opportunity to meet Ella again. She was really on my mind these past few weeks, but there was no way I could get to her when she didn't even give me her name the last time we met. But now she told me her full name, something I could work with.