CHAPTER 7

ELLA P

ELLA P.O.V
We are going out today. Laylay made a reservation in one of the best restaurants in New York. Laylay persuaded me to go with her. I wanted to decline her offer because I don't want it to seem like I am her friend for the money. But, at the end of the day, we have dinner tomorrow evening. Today is Friday, my free day. Every Friday is my lecture-free day, hence why it is the best day of my school week. I am so excited for tomorrow; I want to have a good time, take pictures, and eat good food.
I was indoors throughout, watching Netflix, completing the remaining episodes of 'Too Hot to Handle.' I know Laylay would really be mad at me if she found out I was watching without her because we had an agreement that we would both watch it together. I couldn't wait because the season was so interesting, and I wanted to see the end. But what she doesn't know wouldn't hurt her. I will watch it with her again and pretend like I haven't watched it. Laylay got back late in the evening with lots of chocolate. You see why I love this girl; she reads my mind. I have been craving junk food. We ate lots of chocolate, chatted for a while before going back to bed.
    Woke up very late; I was tired after sleeping for a long time. I stood up from my bed, went to the bathroom to do my hygiene, and then ended up going to the kitchen where I found Laylay making pancakes. The smell was so nice that my stomach was rumbling.

 The smell was so nice that my stomach was rumbling

"Good morning, pumpkin," I greeted her.
"Good morning! Are you excited for today's dinner?" she asked.
"I am actually buzzing and ready to have fun, but I haven't picked an outfit yet," I told her.
We had our reservation at 8:00 pm at Dabble Restaurant. Dabble Restaurant is an all-day destination for light fare and classic cocktails in a warm modern setting. They also have a bar; during the day, they offer light and vibrant offerings from the bar top cornucopia. By night, around 12:00 am, the lights dim and they transition to a buzzing bar scene with approachable cocktails. After eating, we went to my closet to find a dress for me tonight. We found a nice dress that I have only worn once. Laylay told me she had a dress in her mind that she could wear; she bought it during one of her shopping sprees. After picking what to wear, we had some hours left before getting ready. I ended up watching the rest of "Too Hot to Handle" episodes with Laylay. I am sure she knows I watched it already, but she wasn't complaining because I was watching it with her.