CHAPTER 5

ELLA P

ELLA P.O.V
Monday is not just the best day of the week; it's always dull and tiring even before starting the day. I have four classes with no break in between; that is how miserable I feel on Mondays. The only interesting part about going to class is that I get to dress up and take nice pictures for my social media pages. Apart from that, attending classes is boring and tiring.
I left my apartment around 9:30 am. My first class of the day starts at 10:00 am, and the lecturer hates when students are late to class. I make sure I get to class early all the time,so i can be in his good books.
My class ended around 4:00 pm in the evening. I was eager to get back to the apartment and relax, but I had to wait for Laylay in school so we could go back together. Laylay owns a car; she drives a black Mercedes Benz 2018 model. She got it from her parents during the holiday. Her family is financially well-off and can afford anything she wants. They make sure to provide everything for her because she is their only child.

 They make sure to provide everything for her because she is their only child

Laylay's car

On the other hand, my parents are also doing fine, but they are not as financially loaded as Laylay's family. They work very hard to pay the bills, which I appreciate a lot. They make sure to send me money every once in a month. I hate to bother them when it comes to money because I know how hard they work to make me live comfortably. I met Laylay standing in the parking lot. "How were your classes?" I asked her.
"It was boring, and the lecturers won't stop giving out assignments. I hate Mondays," she cried.
"You never seem to like any day of the week. Don't bother complaining," I replied.
We headed back to the apartment with the music loud in the car. When we got back, we ended up having cereal because nobody was ready to cook.
"How was your day? Gist me about it," Laylay said.
"You should know by now. I have nothing exciting going on in my life other than waking up, eating, going to classes, and reading my books," I replied.
"Your life is so boring. Try living it up a little," she said.
Ever since I was in high school, I found it hard to make friends. The reason is that I am of mixed race; my mom is white, and my dad is black. It has always been challenging to fit in. The black kids in my school would always say I wasn't black enough, and the white kids would say I wasn't white enough. They made it seem like I was not even human like them. At the end of the day, I had to adapt, build my confidence, and make sure I had a very high self-esteem. Now, I don't even care about what others think of me. I found out that I don't need others' opinions in order for me to know I am pretty just the way I am. If you think you are better than me, then that's on you. I don't have to make plenty of friends when I can have just one or two real friends. I never want to cry or fight for people who don't want me or care about me ever again. One of the reasons I fell in love with Leah is that she was always there for me, and she never even cared about race.
After eating, we ended up watching "Too Hot to Handle," a reality show on Netflix. I love that show; the boys and girls on it are always too flirty and wild. Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I have just one class that starts at 10:00 am and ends at 12:00 pm. I always get excited for Tuesdays; they are one of my favorite school days because I get to leave school early.
We were getting sleepy after the third episode of the show, so we decided to watch the rest of the episodes later. "Goodnight, Laylay." "Goodnight, pumpkin," we said to each other before going to our rooms and calling it a night.

Note:please if you are reading this book kindly vote and comment,I will really appreciate if you can.Thank you for reading 🥰