Chapter 49

All it took was a split second, that was all either of them needed. Xichen struck down ten men at once without even trying as he just walked over to where TaiFeng was.

TaiFeng herself had already punched three more Wens until her knuckles were bloody as she practically flung herself at Xichen. At that moment, time seemed to stop and no one seemed to dare interrupt them.

Although, that was just because there was no one else left standing.

"You mean it?" Xichen breathlessly whispered as he held TaiFeng in his arms by her waist. The blood and gore of the battleground around them was a stark contrast to the love-filled look in his eyes.

"I've never meant anything more in my life." TaiFeng smiled as she couldn't wait a second longer and leaned in to close the gap.

Xichen's lips were as light as a feather as they made contact with TaiFeng's. It felt like lightning in a snowstorm as the kiss deepened as TaiFeng wrapped her arms around Xichen's neck, desperate to get rid of any space between them. 

They probably could have stayed like that for an eternity, however, they were cut short by the sound of cheering coming from a short way away.

Hastily breaking the fierce embrace, the both of them looked up to see ChenHe, YiZhang and the Gao brothers clapping and whooping.

Quickly remembering his Lan dignity, Xichen just straightened himself up and looked at the ground in embarrassment.

TaiFeng stifled a laugh before turning to her unruly disciples.

"Honestly, did I teach you all to eavesdrop? Shameless!" She reprimanded them, as though she didn't just very shamelessly kiss someone in the middle of a war zone.

Giggling to themselves, they all just scurried away with hushed whispers and the occasional snort.

"I swear to god, they-" TaiFeng started but didn't get to finish as Xichen's lips collided with hers once more, this time hungrier, needier. 

TaiFeng let out a half-surprised, half-delighted sound as she gladly leaned into the kiss once more, feeling rather giddy and a bit light-headed.

"I, we... I think. Let's take this inside, shall we?" TaiFeng whispered, feeling almost tipsy. 

"Best idea you've ever had." Xichen kissed back before sweeping Taifeng into his arms effortlessly. 

"Ah! Lan Huan! Since when are you this shameless?!" TaiFeng squealed, but anyone could see that she was enjoying it. 

"Since just now." He proclaimed as he led her back into the sect doors.

"Ah, people are watching! And I have to tell A-Yao I'm back and, um, well..." She said, trying to come up with reasons but found that nothing came out. 

However, they were both startled by what could only be described as a cross between a golden eagle's mating call and a kazoo. 

Both of them turned around to see Guangyao standing in the middle of the hallway, unsure if this was one very weird hallucination. 

"A'Huan, I think you need to put me down now." TaiFeng whispered, while Xichen slowly lowered her down, looking even more embarrassed than when they were caught kissing. 

"Is this a really weird dream, or is this real?" A'Yao muttered to himself, looking deep in thought. 

 "No, this must be fake. Taifeng's so dense when it comes to love, she would never confess to Lan Xichen. Hm, I must be losing it; I need to get some sleep." 

To their great surprise, he simply turned around and began walking away from the pair, shaking his head ruefully as he went. 

"... Do we say anything, or?" TaiFeng whispered, truly shocked that he thought she was a hallucination.