Chapter .21

Authors note:
Hello everyone,

Can I Really Change Things has got 1.06k views! 🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

I'd like to take this time to give a shout out to some of my followers.

I'd like to thank

AnnanyaArundhati

170andrea

luckymisssunshine

NixieEver

JeaneDeatherage

McMomm

warrior_queen09

Lilac_lil99

ReiraLoxar

ivateCitizen

The sun was high up in the sky, indicating that it was noon.

TaiFeng was shifting in her sleep, waking up when she heard the sound of people outside.

'Did I oversleep? I never oversleep.... I never sleep in general.' She thought, rubbing her forehead.

"Wen Qing." She said, remembering last night's events.

"What time is it?" She said, looking at her wrist.

"... Right, no watch.... my precious Gucci watch." She sniffed.

"It was the only name brand thing I ever owned. Gone forever."

Getting up she heard the sound of people outside, and went to check it out.

Cracking open her study door, she peered outside into the courtyard.

She could see disciples darting around everywhere carrying things along with people on ladders with toolkits fixing roof tiles. There was movement everywhere she looked.

Taking her sword and stepping out she went towards some Wen Ning, who was helping someone carry some books.

"Wen Ning, what's going on? Why is everyone running around like headless chickens?" She asked.

"Ah, Sect Leader Qian. Um, well, my Jie felt bad about, uh, k-knocking you out. And, w-well, everyone wanted to repay your kindness from yesterday, so we thought we, um, we thought we c-could help out around the sect." Wen Ning stuttered.

"W-we already organized the, um, library a-and took care of cleaning the stables, now we, um, j-just need horses."

"Did you guys really do all this in one afternoon?" She asked, gobsmacked at all the progress they made.

She thought that it would be months before the library and stables were finished.
Everything looked better, even the air smelt better than before.

"Yep. Also, Jie and Uncle Six went foraging for herbs in that, um, pretty place a-at the back of t-the sect." He said.

"Pretty place at the back?"
She questioned.

"Mn, Uncle Six said there were a-alot of herbs, in, um ,in that p-place with the wisteria trees."