Chapter. 5

At the healer's den

"This is extraordinary." An elder healer named Fu Liuxing whispered.

Before he could say anything else, Jiang Cheng walked in.

"What are you three doing in here? And why is TaiFeng dressed like Wei Wu xian? What did I miss?" He said as the healers greeted him.

"Ah, Master Jiang." The healer bowed.

"I've just done a check-up on Young Lady Qian and I've discovered something incredible. Even though does not have a golden core she can store vast amounts of spiritual energy throughout her body. It seems as though her spiritual energy is in every part of her, even her blood has spiritual energy! And since her body is essentially acting as one giant golden core there is no telling how much energy she could harness with the right amount of practice! It's truly remarkable!"

"Really, that's incredible! I have such an amazing little sister." Wuxian happily clapped, while she could feel the jealousy oozing off Jiang Cheng.

'Ah, Jiang Cheng, Jiang Cheng. When will you finally realize that you don't need to compare yourself to other people.' She thought.

"However," the healer continued.

"I suggest you find some way to channel your energy as it could overwhelm you."

"Maybe I could try musical cultivation, like the Gusu Lan Sect.
Maybe I could play the zither!" She said proud of her new idea.

"How did you know about the Gusu Lans? I thought you lived in the mountains." Cheng pointed out.

"I may have lived in the mountains, but I had read plenty of books about the outside world. Fun fact, did you know that there's a book of songs in the Gusu Lan Library that can cause one's death? Just seven notes from one of those songs can kill you instantly.
You can find out quite a lot from books." She said smirking like she was Nie Huaisang.

'Note to self, purchase a fan.'

"Why on earth would the Gusu Lan Sect have something like that in their possession?" Yanli and Wu Xian asked.

"It's just the way things are. All the major sects have some sort of dangerous and deadly artifact in their archives. Especially the Qishan Wen Sect. I bet half of the stuff in there could kill you!"

"Well, I'm just glad we're going to Gusu in five weeks, instead of Qishan." Jiang Cheng sighed.

"You guys are going to Gusu in five weeks?"

'This soon?! I thought I'd have more time to prepare.'

"Yep, it's for some lectures. It's just going to be boring." Wuxian whined.

'Oh, Wei Ying, if only you knew.'

"That sounds enlightening. I wish I could go, but I don't even have a sword." She said, hoping one of them would suggest something.

"Well, I don't think that will be a problem! We can just get one made for you!" Wuxian smiled.

'Thank God for your existence! I don't know what I would do without you. '

"Really? Does anyone have some ink and paper?"

"There's some on the table." Healer Fu said.

She then went over to the table and drew a black sword with a red Dragon wrapping its body around the sheath. On the sheath, there were lots of gold coins floating around the Dragon.

If there was one thing that she thought she was good at other than swordsmanship it was drawing.

"That looks pretty, but why did you draw coins?" Yanli asked.

"Well, my surname means money so I thought it would be a nice touch." She admitted.

" You know what, I'm going to take this to the blacksmith right now!" Wuxian said as he ran off with the paper.

"Aah, wait I didn't finish yet!" She said but Wuxian was already long gone.

"Don't even bother. Once he gets an idea in his head there's no stopping him." Cheng said, crossing his arms in fake displeasure.

"Young Lady Qian, I'll have someone send you a zither and some music books per your request." Healer Fu said in a calm kind voice.

"But let me guess, you want to study my condition and document it as much as you can, right." She answered.

The healer let out a small smile.

"It seems you've seen me coming from a mile away. I would like to document your condition as much as I can, as this would be ground-breaking research."

"As long as you don't stick me with any needles I'm fine with anything." She said as her mind flashed towards Wen Qing and her threats. She gulped.

Time skip.

One week went by of TaiFeng experimenting with Healer Fu, training with the Jiang disciples, and learning how to play the zither.

When she got her zither it was white with blue and purple markings and shone like the night sky. So she named it Xingguang, meaning Starlight.

And after spending two weeks here she quickly concluded, that she was born in the wrong universe.

Back in her time, she was average in class. But now that the subjects are about night hunts and cultivation, she excelled at it.

Back in her time she absolutely sucked at arguments and debates. But now that the subject is about the gentry sects, she's an expert. Her classmates are saying that she could become a politician in the Royal court with arguing skills like hers.

In her time she couldn't carry a tune to save her life, now she's learned how to channel energy into her zither. She's even made a song called the Song of Tranquillity which can calm both people and resentful spirits.

It's just Merry-go-round of Life, but shhhhhhh, nobody here knows that. And hey, it works really well, so.

Just yesterday she froze Healer Fu on the spot when she played a few chords and now she has a move that can immobilize anyone for as long as she likes.

She's even getting better at talismans and is currently working on an illusion talisman that she can put in her sword. Why you ask? Well, you'll find out soon enough

She also bought a fan and now carries it around everywhere.