Chapter 37

It had been almost nineteen years since God had released TaiFeng into the world and started hunting her for sport, and during that time she had seen and been through a lot. Some of it good...most of it bad. But this was definitely in her top five worst experiences of all time.

She figured that whatever they had in store for her and Minshan would be pretty bad, she had read enough books about ancient torture methods to know that she wouldn't like this at all.

At first, she just thought that they would whip her a couple of times and try to get info out of her. She was very wrong.  Instead of being brought into the dungeons, her and Su She were going to be dragged out into the main courtyard for everyone within a hundred-mile radius to witness her public humiliation. 

Being brought down the winding hallways in restraints, the delicate fabric that was TaiFeng's self-restraint and sanity was starting to slowly unravel and fall apart at the seams. 

The look in her eyes was unreadable, and yet at the same time it seemed that her emotions were out in the open for all to see. As if her eyes were simply windows, free for any soul to peer into, and witness the cataclysmic storm that was brewing inside of her. 

The rain poured heavily like waterfalls from the heavens, soaking an already weary TaiFeng.

Every step of the way, TaiFeng screamed and cursed every swear word she knew. Heck, she had even made up new words. If she was going to be publicly humiliated, she was going down kicking and screaming. 

Harshly, her and Su She were tied up with ropes and made to kneel on the cold stone floors outside the darkly lit main hall. The rain making her bloody clothes stick to her in the most uncomfortable way possible. 

"Qian. Tai. Feng." a familiar voice rang out, venom dripping from every syllable. 

From the huge double doors, emerged a very angry Wen Xu. He had a large red leather eyepatch over his left eye, and his face looked haggard and pasty, most likely from all the blood loss. Behind him on his right was what looked like a high ranking Wen, most likely from the main family. Along with him was a smug looking Wen Chao. Oh, how TaiFeng wanted to permanently wipe that look off his face.  On his left was Wen Qing, nervously shaking, doing her best to steel her nerves as so not to look suspicious to anyone. One wrong move and not only would she be executed, but they would definitely come for her family. 

Wen Xu simply looked down with a depressed, solemn look on his swollen features, not even saying a word or looking at her.

'What's the matter with me?' Wen Xu thought, staring at his feet. 'Did I actually develop feelings for her? Impossible! Even if I did, it's not like that any more. If I can't have her, ill make it so that no one else can.' 

TaiFeng was too busy boiling over with vitriol and malicious intent to notice the change in Wen Xu's facial expressions. 

The man on his right stepped out from behind Wen Xu, holding a large scroll, most likely some sort of document of her "crimes". 

Opening the scroll, the man spoke in a booming voice addressing everyone, who was on in the pavilion roofs avoiding the rain. 

"Wen TaiFeng." he said, reading from the scroll. 

"My name is Qian TaiFeng." She spat from across the courtyard. " The day I take that surname is the day hell freezes over!."

'No offence Qing-jie.' 

"You've been charged with the crime of betraying the great Wen sect. " The man continued, after rolling his eyes.  "Are you guilty?"

"So what if I am?!" TaiFeng darkly spat, every bone in her body shaking with rage.