Chapter .33

"I'm sorry."
She said gently taking his face in her hands and sending a surge of spiritual energy to his forehead, knocking him out cold.

Catching him before he fell, she looked solemly looked at his already tear stained cheeks.

Taking out her hairpin, she carefully placed it in his hands, before gently setting him down.

"Please forgive me." She choked on her sobs, as she clenched her sword and ran out of the room.

Running as fast as she could, being careful to avoid any disciples, she slipped past the wards and flew on her sword directly to meet her fate.

Hearing the sound of numerous footsteps on the crisp autumn leaves, she dismounted her sword and hid behind a tree to observe.

Indeed there were vast amounts of Wen soldiers, all prepared to burn down the Pier.

Her eyes narrowed with hate, and tears of pure rage freely flowed down her face like she was a Greek God whom had lost a war.

Out from behind a few of them Wen Xu emerged, looking as sadistic and despicable as ever.

"Hurry up, all of you. Lotus Pier will fall under Father's orders." He coldly commanded.

"There's no need to go any further." TaiFeng hissed, appearing from her hiding place.

"Well, well, well. Look who we have here." He laughed. "Has the esteemed Sect Leader Qian come to face us head on?"

Swallowing a lump in her through she spoke with as little emotion as she could.

"I will go back to Nightless City in your custody."

Wen Xu and the other soldiers had looks of shock, confusion and satisfaction.

"In return you will stand down and spare Lotus Pier."

"Oh? And what makes you think I'll do that?" Wen Xu smirked.

"By all logic, it's the most sensible  choice. The YueYang Qian Sect is on par, if not of higher status than the Yunmeng Jiang Sect."She said, walking closer.

"By taking me to your Father, you would have the advantage. And besides, everyone already knows your coming. By the time you arrive Lotus Pier will be empty."

"And what if I don't want to take you to my father?" He said, once again putting his hand on her chin and tilting it up to meet his eyes.
"What if I want you all for myself?"

"So be it." She whispered, closing her eyes, not resisting him, but this time pushing her dignity aside and complying.

"...You make a good point." He wryly chuckled. "As expected from one of the greatest cultivators of our time."

Snaking his hands around her, he squeezed her waist and smirked when no complaints were made.

"Get in the carriage." He darkly ordered, his hand now tightly clasping her side. "And hand over your sword."

She slowly lifted up her sword, her eyes glossing over it before it was snatched out of her grasp and she was shoved into the carriage.

TaiFeng wanted to cry out in anguish, but she bit her tongue and went in the carriage.

"Fall back to Nightless City," He ordered a nearby soldier. "send a dire owl to inform Father of Sect Leader Qian's surrender."

The entire ride to Qishan, TaiFeng silently wept. She wept for her siblings, for her friends, for her disciples. But most of all she wept for Xichen. Just when she thought she was done crying, she would think about him and cry some more. She cried tears of pain, tears of anguish, tears of unrequited love. But not once did she cry tears of regret. Because, if faced with the same choice, she would do it again in a heartbeat.